(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, bvillain is unkown.
What you think of my play ?

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 04:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
Depends on the player if he was aggro i would call because i just checked the flop to induce a bluff, against a nit il just bet and check fold the turn and a station i think you can get value from small pairs but i wouldnt get carried away with my betting either so i would just bet small.

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 08:50 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Vs an unknown I think your play here was fine and pretty standard.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 08:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2007
I think I am definitely betting this uncoordinated flop, especially after a sizeable 3 bet pre flop. If he does not have the A you are taking this a great majority of the time, if he raises it is an easy fold, or maybe peel one card, and if he calls you can re-evaluate the turn as you are in position.

Reads are really important in a situation like this, if it is zoom it is more difficult but you can build up profiles over time. I see no sense in calling the turn bet and then folding the river if we think he has the Ace; he could just as easily have J10s.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Fri Jul 19, 2013, 11:09 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2013
i 100% agree with this man, well said sir

Old
Sat Jul 20, 2013, 10:41 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
I think I am definitely betting this uncoordinated flop, especially after a sizeable 3 bet pre flop. If he does not have the A you are taking this a great majority of the time, if he raises it is an easy fold, or maybe peel one card, and if he calls you can re-evaluate the turn as you are in position.
Betting the flop serves no purpose, as nothing worse than QQ calls, so you're not getting value. You're turning your hand into a bluff, when you actually have some showdown value.
The way to get value from worse hands is to check back the flop, planning to bet the turn if villain checks again. When villain bets the turn, he can have an ace, or another pair or draw, so calling is standard. Villain's big river bet looks more like an ace, so folding is standard.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jul 20, 2013, 11:39 AM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
Betting the flop serves no purpose, as nothing worse than QQ calls
Except that's not at all true? I'd wager almost any worse PP might call @ 5NL (and higher tbh, people do not like to fold PPs they defend vs 3 bets on paired boards) not saying i disagree with a flop check, personally I think either is fine. To say that you're never getting called by worse when you bet this flop is just wrong, imo. As played, nh!

Last edited by AceKingBlows; Sat Jul 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM..

Old
Sat Jul 20, 2013, 01:33 PM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2013
I would call that flop with PPs if villain cbets alot and take the pot away on the turn if he checks and i think JJ is calling from all players, Even a nit will call a bet on that flop with all of his pairs, i dont think you can check that flop every time you have a hand that you can showdown?

Some players at normal tables might find that you only cbet this flop with air or monster hands so you got to balance it with some medium strength hands as well?.

Not that anyone at 5nl will be reading into your game that much but i like to get used to something that isnt to obvious. i give most preflop raisers a hard time on these type of boards because i know that i can take the pot away from them most of the time.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com