Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5Nl 6-max Zoom AJo

Old
5Nl 6-max Zoom AJo - Sat Jul 20, 2013, 02:31 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, button is playing 24/20/11 AF=5 and F3B=50% over just 49 hands (and 3 tabling). And BB is playing 39/22/0 AF=5 over just 43 hands.
I decided to 3B since the button could call with worst hands and his button range was wide (29 % steal).
I checked the flop since no worst hand could call I guess. so I lead the turn and decided to just check call the river since he could 'value bet' lot of worse hands and I didn't wanted to get raised and have to fold the hand. But his huge overbet shove made me lay down. I've pout him on some two pair or even QJ ahdn here.
Any thoguths ?

Thanks

Old
Sat Jul 20, 2013, 03:04 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
I dont like 3 betting pre and im cbetting the flop to get value from draws if i get raised im folding, another reason i dont like 3betting is because when i hit my ace my kicker is really bad and i would like to keep betting and not showing weakness to this player because he will blow me off my hand when i bet half pot.

When you 3bet though even though you can get value from worse hands you still dont want to stack off with to TPGK so i like the check on the turn il bet more for value and so villain dont think im weak.

I could be wrong but when villain shoves when you show so much weakness he could have nothing but i dont mind the fold i would bet like 2/3rds of the pot on the turn and river and folded a shove vs this player.

Dont take what i say as the right way to play the hand though i just post my thoughts and compare my line to whoever analyses the hand later.

Old
Sat Jul 20, 2013, 11:33 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fp,

I don't mind checking on a dry flop, as it makes our hand look a lot like KK/QQ/JJ and will induce 2 streets of action from weaker aces plus maybe induce one of these guys to try and move us off it with a bluff. (@Mike, there are no draws on this flop except gutshots)

As played I think the river is a bet/fold. I'd bet about $1.50 and fold to a shove. We're leaving too much value on the table from weaker aces and KQ/KJ which will just check behind us and show down here. Even worse pairs. Although it makes little sense to me for the villain to call the turn and river with a hand like 88, I see it sometimes when I take a line like this.

I do agree with Mike on not liking the 3b... AJ may be difficult to play OOP vs. the button if he's sticky, and the BB looks like a pretty big fish so 3-betting tends to shut him out of the pot (even though he called anyway this time), where as flatting invites him to come in with what will be mostly worse and dominated hands.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 21, 2013, 05:28 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hi fp,

I don't mind checking on a dry flop, as it makes our hand look a lot like KK/QQ/JJ and will induce 2 streets of action from weaker aces plus maybe induce one of these guys to try and move us off it with a bluff. (@Mike, there are no draws on this flop except gutshots)

As played I think the river is a bet/fold. I'd bet about $1.50 and fold to a shove. We're leaving too much value on the table from weaker aces and KQ/KJ which will just check behind us and show down here. Even worse pairs. Although it makes little sense to me for the villain to call the turn and river with a hand like 88, I see it sometimes when I take a line like this.

I do agree with Mike on not liking the 3b... AJ may be difficult to play OOP vs. the button if he's sticky, and the BB looks like a pretty big fish so 3-betting tends to shut him out of the pot (even though he called anyway this time), where as flatting invites him to come in with what will be mostly worse and dominated hands.
Thats what i ment gutshots but dont you think we can get value from those hands?

I bet alot on that board and get alot of folds but i just figure if people are folding then they cant have any part of the board, i just though that in a 2bet pot if you dont bet that flop your letting all gutshots get a free card and anyone that hit a T and might hit a J. or should i be giving more free cards here because i get a load of people folding when im the prflop raiser even when i only bet half pot on a dry flop.

Old
Sun Jul 21, 2013, 06:12 AM
(#5)
Bet flop, bet bigger on the turn, fold river.
If you check a dry flop you are giving away free cards and lose value from Ace-bad kicker, Tx hands.
You can do it sometimes though, to be unpredictable.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com