Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

AA MM $3.30 Ante Up

Old
AA MM $3.30 Ante Up - Sun Jul 21, 2013, 02:50 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Guys,

This is early in an Ante Up tournament, have no reads. It's a strange shove on the river which could be a bluff. Should I be risking an early tournament bust with this?

Thanks

Old
Sun Jul 21, 2013, 06:27 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
It's never a bluff.
Although no hand makes real sense here, who would call both flop and turn on a paired board and decide to shove a brick river as a bluff?
And my answer is this guy:
http://youtu.be/swuX9J_Lxmo?t=6m34s
But yeah you played it good.

Old
Mon Jul 22, 2013, 05:19 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi DasherF78,

I think you've played the hand well. I like the raise size preflop, I'm assuming this is your default. You could even pump it up a little since there is a fair amount of confusion in those AnteUp games in general on what a "normal" raise is.

The raise on the turn is kinda like a bluff when the 2nd King comes. You might be a little better off checking there. Trying to see the river and get to showdown as cheap as possible.

As played, Yes I don't think you can call on the river.

Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 24, 2013, 05:11 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Thanks Andy

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com