Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

99 Weird Spot 2NL zoom

Old
99 Weird Spot 2NL zoom - Sun Jul 21, 2013, 06:21 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013

Villian-6 is 14/12 reg (small sample 130 hands) - has called me down with A high recently
Villian-5 40/30 - SS

Raise call or fold?

Results:
To be Posted later for further discussion

Last edited by PinoyWonder; Sun Jul 21, 2013 at 06:23 AM..

Old
Sun Jul 21, 2013, 12:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
Once villain 6 calls I would fold 99 here, even more so considering he is tight.

Raising is out of the question imo and calling isn't great either since you dont get the odds to setmine and you will have to play oop vs a board which has overcards most likely.

I might even fold Tens here, but would probably call with JJ.

Old
Mon Jul 22, 2013, 06:59 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
Personally i think calling with any hand here is a mistake, if you flat something like JJ you're in for a world of hurt imo. You're basically set mining because once money starts going in you're rarely going to be ahead, we're not the aggressor and will not know what to do if overcards come. If the flop comes K/Q hi and dry, what's our play? If we hold an overpair on flop and villain's betting into us, we're obliged to call but not too happy about it. That said, it seems likely he might make a small 4B /w the top of his range to isolate shorty. I think flatting oop here with most hands is burning money but i could be wrong. If i have a hand I like (which for me is probably QQ+ vs this villain) I'm stacking off pre.

99 fold def seems right, as almighty notes (tho HU vs shorty i'm calling ofc).

Last edited by AceKingBlows; Mon Jul 22, 2013 at 07:06 AM..

Old
Mon Jul 22, 2013, 11:27 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi PW,

I agree with the other posters, I really hate our hand vs. the nits flatting range here... we can level ourselves into thinking it's a marginal hand and we're ahead since he knows the short stacked shover can be wide, but he also knows that we raised UTG, and can reraise big in an isolation attempt with all our real hands, so I think the nit rates to be mostly pretty strong here. He certainly might flat even aces or kings hoping to lure us into a big mistake, since he can't win any more money from the fish but he can double through us. Begrudgingly I think this is a fold.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com