Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

JJ

Old
JJ - Tue Jul 23, 2013, 06:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
I was just watching frostys 100 nl full ring vid and he held JdJh and the board was Th 6d 9c 4s Td

And Dave said the only overcard that was bad is an ace. Why is that?

Old
Tue Jul 23, 2013, 09:21 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
Well Frosty has several 100NL FR videos so the spot you're talking about, for other people's sake, is in this video starting at about 2-3 mins and Dave's comment is about 17 mins in.

To be honest I'm not sure what Dave means when he says the only bad overcard is an A, perhaps something to do with the river card? Guess you'll have to ask him.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 23, 2013, 10:39 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
I think Dave believed that the cutoff may have A9 and AT, or at least these are the holdings that would iso the fish, call/call on the flop and Frosty is ahead of. I don't think a K or Q is a completely safe river though, so jamming the turn would be better than risking seeing a broadway river ... that T looked so bad!!

Always nice to see fishy play at 100NL

Old
Wed Jul 24, 2013, 06:21 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
Oh right makes sense now cheers.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com