Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Wed Jul 24, 2013, 01:10 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
Hello, I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Wed Jul 24, 2013, 01:48 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poksis77 View Post
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 24, 2013, 02:09 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
My hand. - Thu Jul 25, 2013, 03:11 PM
(#4)

Hello here is my hand.

Question: The blinds were still small. Is it generally wise to make big raises in early stage of the game (sit & go games) even if you have quite good pocket cards? In this case AKo.

I also did the basic course, so all three steps are now done.

Thanks for the great site.

Poksis77

Old
Thu Jul 25, 2013, 09:11 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 26, 2013, 01:06 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Poksis77!

This promotion is ONLY for FULL RING cash games. Once you receive a bonus from this promotion, playing anything other than freeroll tourneys or 2NL FULL RING games will make you INELIGIBLE for all future bonuses in this promotion. Please do not play any cash tourneys or sit and go's while in this promotion.
The reason for it is that tourney strategy is different from sng strategy, that is different form cash game strategy. What works for one won't necessarily work for any of the others.

With AK from the SB, I get 2 limps in front of me. I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 2 limpers, I will raise to 5BB or 150. I want to keep all of my raises standard, so that the strength of my cards are concealed. Players that bet more with better hands and less with marginal ones are turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent... something I do not want to do.

The flop brings 3 undercards and since I raised preflop, I'm going to make a c-bet here and the key is the size of it. Bets post-flop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 2 opps in the hand, a standard bet is 2/3 pot, so I will bet 260. By not betting the flop, this says to the opponents that my hand is now weak (probably two overcards) and anyone that has any pair or a part of the flop is now going to bet. I then get a bet from the opp and since I have only ace high, I need to fold to the flop bets. I want to be putting my chips into the pot when I'm ahead, not when I'm behind. Since I only have ace high, I'll save my chips for a better situation.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jul 26, 2013, 05:41 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:

I also did the basic course, so all three steps are now done.
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 28, 2013, 10:09 AM
(#8)
Hello, I was waiting for the first reward and realized I did not take the right quiz for the first step.

Anyway, now I have passed the right test for the first step

Old
Sun Jul 28, 2013, 11:20 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello, I was waiting for the first reward and realized I did not take the right quiz for the first step.

Anyway, now I have passed the right test for the first step
Brilliant!

Complete the 3 steps above to earn your 2nd bonus

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 28, 2013, 03:18 PM
(#10)
Hello, here is my problem hand.

Answers to your question are:
To put lot of pressure on opponent.
To gain value from good hands.
To protect agains strong drawns.

I did not pass the Cash Game quiz yet, but I will let you know when its done.

Last edited by Poksis77; Sun Jul 28, 2013 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: typo

Old
Sun Jul 28, 2013, 04:59 PM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jul 28, 2013, 07:17 PM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Poksis77! I'll take a look at the hand in post #10.

You had QTs in the big blind and took a very strange line with this hand, eventually losing your whole stack. At almost every point in the hand, I think you made a mistake. Until you've fully understood the cash game course and have passed the quiz, I think you should stick with a more simple plan, which is to make bets and raises when you have a strong hand, and you check and fold when you don't. If you don't understand the reasons for making bets and raises, then you're basically just randomly clicking buttons, hoping to get lucky.
Facing a 4bb open by the player in the CO, I would usually just fold. QTs is a pretty hand and it might be profitable to play it in this situation, but there's no harm in folding, as it's hard to make money when you play out of position. Instead of folding or calling, you decided to raise. This doesn't make much sense. Do you think you have the best hand and that you can get called by worse (so it's a value-raise), or are you knowingly bluffing in the expectation that better hands will fold? Whatever the reason, I don't like the play. You're bloating the pot with a marginal hand and you're out of position. This is recipe for disaster.
The villain calls your raise, so you see a flop of J73. You missed this flop, but since you raised pre-flop, repping a monster, you should generally continue your story and make a continuation bet. Checking and folding as a resteal gone wrong is fine too. Instead, you check and then you call villain's bet. Things are getting crazy now. You have queen high! Why are you calling this bet? You're not beating anything and have a maximum of 3 outs against top pair.
The turn comes the 8h, so you picked up a flush draw, which adds several more outs to your hand. Now you could check and call a bet of about half pot, as you'll have the right odds to call and try and hit a flush or a queen. Instead, you decided to donk out half of your stack. Again, this makes no sense. If villain was betting the flop because he has a jack, then he's not going to fold to this bet. All you're doing is bloating the pot while you have queen high! Villain is loving this, because he has a made hand. He goes all in, and you are forced to call, because so much of your stack is already in the middle and you have around 9 outs.
You don't make the flush, so you lose your whole stack. Ultimately, your call on the turn was mathematically correct, but only because the pot was already so big and your remaining stack so small. I would have much preferred you folded earlier in the hand. It will not be profitable in the long run to put a lot of money in the pot with a draw. Try and make top pair or better, because chasing flushes and straights will cost you.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 29, 2013, 06:36 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I did not pass the Cash Game quiz yet, but I will let you know when its done.
Brilliant!

Let us know as soon as you pass it and I'll get your next bonus to you

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 04, 2013, 02:37 PM
(#14)
Hello, I just passed the Cash Game Quiz.

Poksis77

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Brilliant!

Let us know as soon as you pass it and I'll get your next bonus to you

Cheers,

Raiser

Old
Mon Aug 05, 2013, 09:42 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello, I just passed the Cash Game Quiz.

Poksis77
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 19, 2013, 08:32 AM
(#16)
hello again,

I have now earned the required 10 points.

Poksis77

Old
Mon Aug 19, 2013, 10:07 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hello again,
I have now earned the required 10 points.
Poksis77
Hello,

'Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus'

Remember it's 10 VPPs earned AFTER you got your last buy-in, not 10 VPPs total (any VPPS earned before you got your last buy-in do not count)

If you have earned 10 VPPs AFTER you got your 2nd bonus then your 3rd bonus should be credited to you automatically within 48 hours.

Let me know when you get it and I'll advise on the next step.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 20, 2013, 02:09 PM
(#18)
Hello, i got my 3rd bonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hello,

'Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus'

Remember it's 10 VPPs earned AFTER you got your last buy-in, not 10 VPPs total (any VPPS earned before you got your last buy-in do not count)

If you have earned 10 VPPs AFTER you got your 2nd bonus then your 3rd bonus should be credited to you automatically within 48 hours.

Let me know when you get it and I'll advise on the next step.

Raiser

Old
Tue Aug 20, 2013, 05:55 PM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant,

Your Bankroll Builder progress is moving along nicely and you've got your 3rd bonus!

Step Three

Now we really want you to up your game! Your challenge is to earn 10 VPPs after getting today's buy-in.

Note that any VPPs that you have earned up to this point won't count, only those earned AFTER you get your 3rd buy-in.

When you hit your target of 10 VPPs we will award you with your final Bankroll Builder bonus. Let us know when you reach the target.

Also, if you make a deposit at this stage we will also award you with your final bonus.

Best of Luck at the tables and let us know as soon as you have earned the 10 VPPs or if you make a deposit.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com