Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

$0.01/$0.02 NL Hold'em

Old
$0.01/$0.02 NL Hold'em - Wed Jul 24, 2013, 07:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
THIS DONKEY JUST MADE ME SOOOOOOOO ANGRY HOW CAN HE PLAY LIKE THIS AND WIN?!?!?!?!? IF I TRY THAT I ALWAYS LOSE!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!? I know my preflop raise was badly sized and maybe the flop bet too but I think going allin was good. He might have had Ax with higher kicker or even 2 pair or 3 of a kind and I would have been fine with that but noooooooo he has frikn rubbish and he calls a preflop raise, AND RAISES MY BET ON THE FLOP!!!!

Old
Wed Jul 24, 2013, 08:23 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
hello. I think he just wanted to go all in because your stack was small already. he tried to bluff you somehow.

Old
Thu Jul 25, 2013, 10:33 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi oooooj,

Definitely raise more preflop, I like about .08c here since we will be out of position to the limper post flop, and his limp-calling range will be fairly weak in general and so I'd expect him to be folding a lot on the flop (unless he's a station, you gave no reads).

On the flop I don't like your 3-bet... our hand strength isn't strong enough to warrant this much action vs. geting raised on a dry flop. Since there's no real draws we generally should assume the raise is a solid made hand. Top pair/bad kicker is not a bet/3b hand strength. He can easily have A5, 55, or even Q5s if he's loose, or have made a funkly limp with AQ to which we are drawing dead to runners.

Edit: I just realized you are a short stack, and the 3b was actually an all in. Will leave the above as food for thought, but yeah when you start the hand with only 25bb's and you flop top pair in a raised pot, you're not folding, so it's fine. Although I hate getting raised on the flop here with only A8 none the less.

As for the rest of your post, I normally wouldn't address the tilt-rant part (I know you're just venting), but one thing you must come to realize:

Quote:
HOW CAN HE PLAY LIKE THIS AND WIN?!?!?!?!?
He doesn't win. His play in this hand was poor, and although he got lucky this time (he had 5 outs on the flop so about 20% equity), I guarantee you this is not a player who is winning money at poker.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com