Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

QQ in micromillions- Tough or Easy spot ?

Old
QQ in micromillions- Tough or Easy spot ? - Thu Jul 25, 2013, 04:23 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
BronzeStar
It should be an easy spot to fold but i want to hear also your opinion .

The villain opening in EP is a tight creative player. First hands i thought he is a loose bad player because i had a hand with him calling with 68o from bb my raise from CO isolating a limper(which i consider anyway a bad call - 68s was better)- i had a tight image till then.

Afterwards i didnt see any weird moves in his play .His stats after 55 hands : VPIP 18, PRF 11 (in sites rankings he has 100 k profit in his poker career )

What do you think is it better to double barrel against this player on this board texture or i should let go the hand on the turn? On the turn i check, he bets strong and while i was time banking he wrote on the chat that he has 22 and ownes my QQ hand (easy read actually): do you believe he was telling the truth and floating me ?

Tx

Dan

Old
Thu Jul 25, 2013, 07:42 AM
(#2)
hello,
I think 3bet size is small , I would 3bet bigger at about 1000, because there's 2 callers , v3 raised from UTG+1 I think there're a lot of strong A's in his hand range and you can't make him fold OTT . as for me it's a good fold. there're a lot of strong A's in your hand range too , I think he would fold OTF without hitting it.

Last edited by Shichi-77; Thu Jul 25, 2013 at 07:45 AM..

Old
Thu Jul 25, 2013, 01:00 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shichi-77 View Post
hello,
I think 3bet size is small , I would 3bet bigger at about 1000, because there's 2 callers , v3 raised from UTG+1 I think there're a lot of strong A's in his hand range and you can't make him fold OTT . as for me it's a good fold. there're a lot of strong A's in your hand range too , I think he would fold OTF without hitting it.

I agree 3 bet should have been bigger , i wanted to induce a call and give proper odds for the EP raiser

Dan

Old
Thu Jul 25, 2013, 01:46 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi s3n_dan!

With QQ in the SB, I get a min-raise and 2 calls of it in front of me. I'm definitely going to 3-bet here and the key is the sizing of it. I need to size the bet between 3X the previous bet (600) and a pot-sized raise (1040). With multiple opps already in the hand, I'm opting for the top of this range and will raise to 1040. One thing that I do not want to do with a made hand is to give the opp the correct odds to call. If I were to do this, then I am giving the opp a +EV play to call, which means that on average, I will LOSE chips to them!

I see a HU flop and this is about as bad a flop as I can see, with a flush draw and BOTH overcards to my QQ. While I normally will make a c-bet on the flop, this is one of the boards that I am just going to check and if the opp makes a sizable bet (which I expect), I'm just going to give it up on the flop.

If the opp is playing a top 11% hand, here is their range from pokerstove: 77+,A9s+,KTs+,QTs+,ATo+,KQo
This is 23 different hands and 15 of the 23 contain an ace or king and another is 77, so 16 of their 23 hands already have me crushed and the overwhelming majority of the others still have outs (either to a set, flush or straight).

With this being the case, I'm not even going to make an attempt at this pot, let alone try to 2-barrel it as the 8 on the turn now makes it 17 of their 23 hands that are crushing me and with the second flush draw, now gives QJs and QTs outs if they are in spades. Since I can only beat a very small number of their possible hands (22 is not a top 11% hand), I need to let this one go.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 25, 2013, 01:56 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Thanx John very valuable insights

Dan

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com