Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Poker Software v2.13b

Old
Poker Software v2.13b - Thu Oct 10, 2002, 05:24 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
As many of you have already seen, v2.13 of the poker software was released earlier today with many improvements. There were two issues however that were brought to our attention and fixed or modified:
  • Your nameplate was only visible when it was your turn to act or you were out of the hand, such that you could not see how many chips you had until it was your turn to act. This has been modified so that your nameplate is always visible now.
  • Some weirdness with the cursor when entering text into the chat window. The cursor would be a character behind what you were actually typing, making it difficult to see.

These fixes were published as v2.13b at 3:10pm Central time. If you upgraded from v2.12 before that time and would like to obtain those fixes immediately, you can reinstall the software by downloading and running the program here:

http://www.pokerpages.com/poker-software/PPSsetup.exe

If you are unsure of which version you have, click on the 'About' button in the lobby. The latest version will show "v2.13b" for the Poker Version. We will be doing a standard release of v2.14 late next week most likely, with the two fixes above and anything else that crops up in the meantime.

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 05:27 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
how big is the Download if i click the link

being on a 64k connection i dont want to tie up my pc for next 4 days

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 05:30 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Ironside

its over 13 MB.

So might want to do it overnite.

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 05:55 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
well i just logged in to get the upgrade and now the graphics shimmer like crazy and its like looking in a crazy mirror.

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 06:04 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
Interesting. The first thing I'd try is disabling the "Smooth Fonts" option on the Settings screen and see if that helps. Which Java Version do you have? You can find that out by pressing the About button in the Lounge. If you have Java Version 1.3.1_03 (most likely the case), you might also try downloading the full installation from http://www.pokerpages.com/poker-software/PPSsetup.exe and reinstalling. That will upgrade you to Java Version 1.4.1, which contains a number of graphics related improvements.

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 06:04 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Stalinksi, those are normal mirrors you're looking into.

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 06:17 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
I hope I never look in a mirror and think it is "crazy"

Old
Thu Oct 10, 2002, 06:42 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
ok -i unisnstalled and downloaded the full version and disabled smooth fonts. The same thing happens.

Could it be my monitor? I am using an old one cos the one i had with this system blew up a few months back

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com