Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

JJ - Shove or Fold a 3 bet micromillions ?

Old
JJ - Shove or Fold a 3 bet micromillions ? - Thu Jul 25, 2013, 12:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
BronzeStar
I had a tough spot here and didnt know if shoving was +EV in the middle of the tournament, what are your thoughts?

Villain 3 open limps all hands (VPIP 67 , PFR 0 , 3bet/4 bet 0 ,33 hands)

Villain 6 calls the raise -unknown

villain 9 3 bets from bb (VPIP 27, PFR, 17, 3 bets 11,1 %, 112 hands)

Do you shove or fold ?

I'll post the results later

Dan

Old
Fri Jul 26, 2013, 11:14 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi s3n_dan

Interesting spot. I like your raise sizing preflop although personally I'd make it exactly 4x and the idea behind this is to not scare away our villain.

Ultimately I like your fold. I don't think villain 9 is ever pulling off a light squeeze in this spot. His 3bet % is relatively high but our sample size on him isn't huge.

When villain 5 cold calls our iso raise then I would assume he has a very strong hand if he is any good at poker but with no reads I would be a little worried about villain 6's hand and to top it off villain 9 decide to 3bet! I think were flipping at best 90% of time. I think player 3 is limp shoving a ton of small pocket pairs we beat but the players I'm worried about would obviously be player 6 and player 9.

Another reason as to why I think folding is best is because we have a lot of chips! We have more than 45 big blinds and at this stage of the tournament with this many chips I'm going to be looking for better spots to risk my tournament life.

Thanks, Chris.

Old
Fri Jul 26, 2013, 08:46 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Thanks Chris for reply.

I dont wanna be results oriented that is why i wanted to hear some other opinions, that this fold is not a nitty one

You can find below the result.

Dan

Old
Sun Jul 28, 2013, 11:58 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3n_dan View Post
Thanks Chris for reply.

I dont wanna be results oriented that is why i wanted to hear some other opinions, that this fold is not a nitty one

You can find below the result.

Dan
I think we are loosing here very often , play of V6 and V3 is absolutely -EV. maybe I would shove V9's 3bet as 3bet % is high but not after such action.I shove there only with 15 bb's.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com