BronzeStar
http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...585_1300C457AF

this is a interesting hand i posted for @TheLangolier to review

Old
Thu Jul 25, 2013, 11:06 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Hi Gh0stStr1k3r

If I know @TheLangolier would start with "In a vacuum"? For me I give my 2c here to be told and learn if I am wrong.

2NL regular or zoom table you have a nice stack, utg raise strong? Hand range AJo+ 55+ what is a 1 gapper suited compared to that range and a shorty over call on btn?

You have a marginal hand and I don't hate the call actually if you balance that "oh I have the odds" in the sb to call with a speculative/low draw hand. But you flop well and even at nano stacks with 2 opponents I want to raise my draw now and FOLD to aggression!

The biggest mistake is to let the turn check through when you hit.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Thu Jul 25, 2013 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: speculative

Old
Thu Jul 25, 2013, 11:22 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Ghost,
Preflop call to defend out of position can be ok if we think the villain will give us excessive post flop action when we connect, or is somehow exploitable. Without any reads it's more tenuous as we're not sure exactly where our profit comes from here... will he fold too much on scary boards? Will he pay off relentlessly with top pair when we hit the hand hard? Etc. Only considering V4 here as he's the aggressor (most likely to give action) and he's the one we're deep with, V1 is short stacked so not great implied odds there anyway.

Flop taking a card off is fine, we have a gutter so 4 outs to the nuts, which is about 11-1 to hit, but we have implied odds of about 27-1 to double through V4... not that he's automatically giving us a double if we get there, but he did c-bet into 2 players and an 8 looks pretty safe to him, so it's enough extra overlay to assume some action. Plus V1's call on a dry flop indicates probably Qx, like QJ, QT, and he's not getting away from those so he provides some extra overlay for us.
If it were heads up a check-raise semi-bluff wouldn't be bad, getting V4 off of all ace high hands and JJ-88 type holdings, but fold equity is likely nil vs. V1 so now that he's in as well just calling here is better imo.

Turn: Obv this is gin, Just bet now. V4 has been called in both spots, while we would expect him to bet again with AQ+, he's likely checking everything else behind. If we bet, he will at least call with AQ+ and may make a mistake and raise us, thinking we turned a draw of some kind. P1 isn't folding a weak Q but may not bet for us if checked to either, so I think it's pretty essential to bet here, like .25c might be good... looks like a blocking bet trying to set our price on a draw, and invites a raise.

River we do bet and get raised. It comes down to ranging now. We have the 3rd nuts behind JT and T7. While I wouldn't expect P4 to have T7, JT is reasonable. I would expect him to play it exactly this way. Hands that do not make sense at all: QQ+, never checking the turn, nor raising this river with a 4 liner to a straight on board. 99 makes sense til the river, but raising it is pretty thin since it's hard for you to call without a 7... although could be going for value vs. smaller sets. 77 makes sense. I would just call his raise here tbh without any reads, as it seems like the only hands he can realistically raise for value tie or beat us. If we had a read that he was a fish, then putting him all in, while thin, isn't bad.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jul 25, 2013, 11:53 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
Sorry Dave for jumping in but I learn from this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
Hi Gh0stStr1k3r

But you flop well and even at nano stacks with 2 opponents I want to raise my draw now and FOLD to aggression!
I was wrong to say raise flop on a gut shot oop into 2 villains with a Qx out there.

Old
Fri Jul 26, 2013, 12:04 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Well, it's a pretty nice leverage of fold equity vs. the big stack Forrest, which is good since a gut shot's hand equity is limited with 4 outs (and if he's got something like AA which won't fold to a check-raise, the 8 on the turn will look totally safe and we should get big action), but once the shorty calls the c-bet on a dry board, we can't expect him to be folding so raising now isn't as good.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com