Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

C-bet going nowhere

Old
C-bet going nowhere - Fri Jul 26, 2013, 06:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
Hi coaches,

My main game are the SNGs, I am horrible at cash games. One reason is that I loose too many mid-sized pots by firing a c-bet (or sometimes a second barrel with a draw) or peeling one off with middle pair. Here is an example - I think I did everything right though.
Maybe you could recommend a book for low stakes cash games for intermediate players?

Olaf

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) -

Button ($2.18)
Hero (SB) ($3.39)
BB ($1)
UTG ($11.33)
MP ($3.82)
CO ($2.44)

Preflop: Hero is SB with ,
UTG bets $0.06, 2 folds, Button calls $0.06, Hero raises to $0.24, 2 folds, Button calls $0.18

Flop: ($0.56) , , (2 players)
Hero bets $0.26, Button calls $0.26

Turn: ($1.08) (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $1.68 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $1.08 | Rake: $0.04

Results below:
Button didn't show

Old
Fri Jul 26, 2013, 07:10 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Hi PMBG73PA

This book preview has a free contents, introduction and a chapter on facing c-bets page 26

http://mtmicropoker.com/book.aspx

Have a read and see if you like it.

Old
Sat Jul 27, 2013, 06:02 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi PMB,

I think it could go both ways on this kind of flop. Either cbet to pick up the dead money. Or a line I would prefer is to x/c once and fold to turn bet unimproved as our hand has some SD value against villains range when we keep his Ax hands in.

Old
Sat Jul 27, 2013, 10:15 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi PMB,

I would generally c-bet here, to set up turn fold equity vs. small and medium pairs on big turn cards. A lot of villains range to flat twice pre and flat our flop bet will be small and medium pairs, and a few flush draws. This turn is not a scary card to the villain, so this is not a good barreling card imo... check and give up. I'm a bit suspicious about the overbet sizing, but check/fold now is fine.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com