2nl cash game AK

Old
2nl cash game AK - Sat Jul 27, 2013, 08:39 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi,

Please could you analyse my hand below.

Villain is playing 60/40/1.0

The aggression factor may have been a sign as well.

This time I thought baluga theorem

Thank you,

pullin1988

Old
Sat Jul 27, 2013, 10:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
Hi pullin,

would be interesting to know how many hands you have on the opponent, I suggest not to many since the stats are still very even.

If the villain is really that passive (AG:1) a fold is the best play on the turn. He is not valuebetting any worse for value here, I think he would just call with AQ the second best hand to your hand imo. So his value hand is two pairs or better and there are a lot of thoose in his range. Even against an aggressive player I would fold most the time I think, since the board hits your perceived range pretty hard which should make him less likely to semibluff with some drawing hand here. I would only continue vs villains who I have a lot of hands on and I know from stats or notes that they would take this line light.

I also want to mention, that your betsize is on the smaller side pre and postflop. I would bet at least 8 cents pre and 70% pot OTF and OTT to make worse hands and drawing hands pay more. This is especially important since on the one hand the board is not very dry and you want to make draws pay and on the other hand since you have the best kicker and you want to make worse aces pay.

Old
Sat Jul 27, 2013, 10:47 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
I actually just posted a pretty similar hand pullin right before you :-).

Old
Sat Jul 27, 2013, 10:59 AM
(#4)
Cheers. Thanks for the advice. I will take a look at your hand.

Onwards and upwards

Pullin1988

Old
Sat Jul 27, 2013, 04:32 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hi Pullin.

I certainly see the sense in almightybald's reply. One cannot fault dumping a 1 pair hand, ANY one pair hand, to an uber low AG factor when you see a raise OTT at the micro stakes. Still...

The REAL thing I'd take from his post is the importance of the RELIABILITY of the info you have here.

If the villain here is 60/40/1, you SHOULD have a pretty decent idea of the truth behind his play even after an orbit or 2. You may not have the "math data" to back up your impressions totally, but he has played enough you should have a better idea of ranging thoughts than you;d be able to take from a 10 or 20 hand sample in a HUD.

While I agree with almightybald as to what should be done if you are pretty sure AG:1 is reliable, I would strenuous disagree with his assessment of what to do versus an aggro player here. My disagreement lies in the fact that his judgement is based upon a perception of YOUR range, about which you give no information at all. If you give your stats, and those were like 10/9 and you showed a stout aggression factor, then I'd totally agree that a raise here OTT after you've fired 2 barrels is rarely going to see a 1 pair hand be good. In that case your range would have hit the flop hard enough, and your aggression would have said you'd fire your 1 pair hands frequently enough for value, to make a semi bluff OTT on this depth of money pretty hopeless. But you don't say what your image is likely to be...

You see Pullin, to my way of thinking, there is WAY more to reading your opponents than what a HUD says. Sure, at the micro's your opponents are not really going to be sensible, so the math is a huge plus to have in your hip pocket for use, but if you do not have a LOT of hands then it might be a lot better to use other observations beyond math for your decisions. And even when you DO have a ton of hands, keeping your brain sharp by considering the CURRENT likely mindset of your opponent by looking at things beyond the raw stats spit out by HUDs can help you avoid becoming too exploitable yourself.

Sometimes it helps to recognize that the info you LACK, be that lack too few hands to make a HUD reliable or be it things you did not comunicate like (or think aobut at the tiem in the hand) your image or what you'd seen from the opp, is almost as important as the info you have got. It ALL plays some part in your decision, or at least it should in my opinion.

Hope it helps.

-JDean

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JDean; Sat Jul 27, 2013 at 04:37 PM..

Old
Mon Jul 29, 2013, 12:44 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi pullin,

I would continuation bet larger than half the pot on a wet board against a loose passive player, as he will give you value with any ace, any ten, any draw including gut shot broadway draws. Same advice on the turn bet sizing, half the pot is too small imo, we leave too much on the table vs. his KT and A5 hands. And bet/fold is a fine line vs. a loose passive player here.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 01, 2013, 08:31 AM
(#7)
Cheers guys

I value your comments and analysis.

pullin

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com