Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Laserchabo

Old
Lightbulb
Laserchabo - Sat Jul 27, 2013, 02:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

playername: LASERCHABO

Old
Sat Jul 27, 2013, 03:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jul 27, 2013, 10:25 PM
(#3)
Hi LASERCHABO,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
replay playmoney - Mon Jul 29, 2013, 08:08 AM
(#4)
1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Read more: Laserchabo - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz2aR2NQali

>>> done

here my first hand.. guess that was really easy to play, but i ask myself if checking the river would give me more value in long term or do they check behind most of the time with naked 3 or low poket like 77, 88, 99?

what about the pre-flop bet sizing? i now would bet lil more for the squeez ...lets say round about 100- 110.
and do u like bet the turn with the intention of folding to a big raise? (in this case wouldn´t be really an option in relations to the pot... he only got about 400 left)...also i really cant tell u a hand he would call two streets on this board and snap fold the river. he played it like 5x or random two overs... imo

regards

Last edited by LASERCHABO; Mon Jul 29, 2013 at 09:47 AM..

Old
Mon Jul 29, 2013, 10:41 AM
(#5)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 29, 2013, 11:33 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi LASERCHABO!

The first thing that I see with this hand is that it is a 6-max table. This promotion is ONLY for FULL RING tables. Once you receive your first bonus, playing anything other than FULL RING cash tables at 2NL will make you INELIGIBLE for all future bonuses in this promotion.

With TT in the small blind, I get a limp, a min-raise and a call. I'm going to make a standard 3-bet here and the key is the sizing of it. I need to raise to between 3x the previous bet (60) and a pot-sized raise (90). With multiple opps in the hand, I will pick the high end of this range and raise to 90.

I see a 3-way flop that has a pair and multiple straight draws. I'm going to make a c-bet here. Bets post-flop need to be sized based on the pot size, number of opps in the hand and the board texture. With 2 opps in the hand, I need to bet 2/3 pot, so I will bet 183 chips. I don't want to bet less than this or I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me.

I see the turn heads-up and the 6 completes two of the straights. I'm going to make another value bet and since there is now only one opp, I will size it at 1/2 pot (298).

The river gives me the nuts (unless the opp has 33, which I'm not worried about) and with the opp only having 445 left, I will bet 445.

I'm not going to check this river. The opp has shown no aggression and has not bet the entire hand, so if they are a calling station, if I check, they will check behind and I will get no value.
If the opp makes a large raise on the flop, I absolutely plan on folding to it. If they shove the turn, I need to put 445 chips into a pot that will be 2105 (21.1%), so to call, I need to be sure that they would not have trips, straight or full house this % of the time. That may or may not be the case, so I would need to use my read on the opp to decide whether to call or fold. Depending on that read, I could do either.

call, then snap fold the river... A4.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jul 29, 2013, 12:13 PM
(#7)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Mon Jul 29, 2013 at 12:21 PM..

Old
Question
$0.01/$0.02 sb vs bb - Mon Jul 29, 2013, 04:51 PM
(#8)

3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet

- protect against strong draws
- to gain value from very strong hands
- to bluff people off decent hands

and one more for the record...

- put alot of pressure on opponents

regards

Last edited by LASERCHABO; Mon Jul 29, 2013 at 05:05 PM..

Old
Mon Jul 29, 2013, 09:47 PM
(#9)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed, and you have passed the cash quiz, I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Mon Jul 29, 2013 at 09:49 PM..

Old
Mon Jul 29, 2013, 10:01 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi LASERCHABO! I'll take a look at the hand in post #8.

It's folded to you in the SB, where you have AJs. This is certainly strong enough to play. By raising to 3bb, you'll often force the BB to fold, so you pick up the blinds. Here, he re-raises. This puts you in a tough spot, because calling will mean you have to play out of position (acting first) on the flop. Calling 3-bets OOP is a leak, so you only have two good options: re-raise (4-bet) or fold. I'd actually go with the latter. At 2NL, villains aren't often 3-betting light (bluffing). I would expect villain to have something like TT+/AQ+ when he tries a resteal in BvB. AJs isn't beating anything in that range, so when you 4-bet, you're turning it into a bluff, hoping that hands like JJ/TT/AQ will fold. If villain 5-bet shoves, you can be sure you're crushed by QQ+/AK, but it would have cost you a lot of chips to buy that information. You got a good result here, because villain did, in fact, fold to your light 4-bet, but I'd generally recommend just folding to the 3-bet. There's no real need to get into pre-flop raising wars at these stakes unless you have KK+. I much prefer making big folds when facing a lot of resistance, and saving the big bets and raises for when you see the flop and have a better idea of where you stand.

Hope this helps!
To get more tuition on cash game basics, I recommend going to live training sessions for the Wednesday and Saturday Games if you can. You'll even be able to play alongside other PSO members in the Homegame club and get instant feedback on the way you play your hands. Good luck!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 31, 2013, 12:21 PM
(#11)
Hi LASERCHABO,

Please let us know when you have passed your cash quiz, so we may proceed to the next step!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com