Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6-max Zoom AKs

Old
5NL 6-max Zoom AKs - Sun Jul 28, 2013, 12:11 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain is playing 25/0/0 AF=4 over just 4 hands. The high AF was probably because a raise on the flop OOP (as said the HUD).
If I called the flop raise should I call the blank turn as well ?
Should I've fold the flop ? I mean I have TPTK but is a check raise on a dry board. And if I call the raise and call the T & R, I'm pretty sure that I'd be behind.
Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Old
Mon Jul 29, 2013, 01:33 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Given that you are at the top of your range I would also call the turn and re-evaluate action on different river cards. He could of course raise w/ specifically 65, but maybe he also valueraises some worse Kings (looking at his small sizes) or check/raise bluffs here from time to time w/ hands like A5/A2/76 or a hand that turns extra outs like a backdoor flushdraw etc.

For me folding turn against someone unknown is a little too early especially given the small size of his turnbet.

Live Trainer

Old
Mon Jul 29, 2013, 03:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
I think when you get raised on a dry flop they have draws and air more than a value hand unless they just dont care what the board looks like.

Old
Mon Jul 29, 2013, 05:20 PM
(#4)
Nitty in my opinion, I usually reraise flop but calling flop in order to keep his bluffs-semibluffs on the hand is also fine, I think you should call turn and possibly a brick river too.

Old
Mon Jul 29, 2013, 05:36 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Hi fp_boss,

With limited info its difficult to put Villain on a range of hands, but given its 5NL [6 max] Zoom... I think he is likely to be playing a slightly wider range [than FR game] 33+, A4s+, KTs+, A8o+... & most at this level wont be concerned about playing OOP.

It's not inconceivable that he would R with worse Kx hands eg. KQs, KJs, KTs or maybe playing 33, 44, but would discount premium hands as would probably RR PF. I would c OTT and poss x/c or R if Villain x OTR [... if FD misses].

Good luck at the tables.

Tony [aka Prodigy237

Last edited by Prodigy237; Mon Jul 29, 2013 at 06:37 PM..

Old
Mon Jul 29, 2013, 08:30 PM
(#6)
this is just my opinion but i think its a good fold. this is how my AK often goes to valuetown against a set...im less concerned about the straight because fewer people play those but its certainly possible.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com