Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder Promotion

Old
Bankroll Builder Promotion - Tue Jul 30, 2013, 01:29 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
Hi! I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Tue Jul 30, 2013, 04:06 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arihmann View Post
Hi! I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 30, 2013, 06:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi arihmann,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 31, 2013, 06:31 AM
(#4)
Hi again! I posted my hand. That hand happened in a freerroll and it was the first part of it. I read may opps position and situation and i thought that i had to make a considerable raise to get them away from my hand and play 1vs1 or just against less opps as possible. Also having KK`if somebody else call my pot would be bigger i guess. So, the hand finally got a fine finale to me

I had already did the quiz 3 times, each one obtained 100%.

Below this line i´d posted the hand. I´ll wait for instructions.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Arihmann

Last edited by arihmann; Wed Jul 31, 2013 at 06:44 AM..

Old
Wed Jul 31, 2013, 11:33 AM
(#5)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 01, 2013, 03:20 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by arihmann View Post
Hi again! I posted my hand. That hand happened in a freerroll and it was the first part of it. I read may opps position and situation and i thought that i had to make a considerable raise to get them away from my hand and play 1vs1 or just against less opps as possible. Also having KK`if somebody else call my pot would be bigger i guess. So, the hand finally got a fine finale to me

I had already did the quiz 3 times, each one obtained 100%.

Below this line i´d posted the hand. I´ll wait for instructions.

Arihmann
Hi Arihmann,

Nice pot For the remainder of the Bankroll Builder promotion, please post only hands from Full Ring Cash tables. Tournament strategy differs considerably from cash strategy most of the time. With your KK hand the strategy is the same though.

Raising preflop as you did is perfect. We want to build the pot to get value from our strong hand. Never slowplay your stong made hands. We also want to raise to protect our hand. Raising limits the number of players that see the flop and big pairs play best against a single opponent. The villain 3-bets all in which is good for you. In a cash game, calling an all in raise preflop will be profitable with KK and AA. Note, in a cash game, you should normally fold AK and smaller pairs including QQ in this situation (tourneys can be different).

Remember to stick to cash games from now on

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Aug 01, 2013, 11:06 AM
(#7)
Our records show you have not passed the basic quiz as yet, please let us know when you have passed your quiz, so we may proceed to the next step!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 01, 2013, 08:30 PM
(#8)
Hi! I just made the quiz! I´ll wait for instructions!

And i add down this line a hand played in a 5/10 NLHE Play money table!

Pre-flop: The opponent on my right make a raise in a medium early possition. So i knew he was holding high cards. I call trusting my K 9.
Flop: The agressive player on my right make a short bet considering the pot so i knew he was just securing his high hand. I saw that my outs were profitable to call that bet. So i call. If anyone after me raises hard or allin i would fold.
Turn: The agressive player check for my surprise when an A appears. So he was bluffing or realy had been played wrong before. So taking a look at my outs the hand was certainly nice to me, I made an information bet raising of 1/4 of pot. So i found the A carrier who made the raise. Taking a newlook on my outs, i just called.
River: At least my hand was very strong, but an K-10 could defeat me. I went allin 2 players called, and i happpily win!

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 01:32 AM
(#9)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 12:19 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi arihmann! I'll take a look at the hand in post #8.

You have K9o which is not a strong hand. The player UTG raises and the obvious choice here is to fold. When someone opens in early position, they usually have a very strong hand, like 99+/AQ+. K9o plays terribly against that range, as it seldom makes a straight, can't make a flush using both cards, and when it makes top pair it doesn't have a great kicker. Calling, like you did, is problematic, because there are still six players to act, and any one of them could re-raise. Even if they call, they can use the advantage of position to make your decisions tricky post-flop. So on the whole, I like folding pre-flop.
As played, you call the raise and see the flop with 4 villains. On a two-tone J75 flop, you have one overcard and a backdoor flush draw. This is a very weak holding, as you only have 3 immediate outs to top pair. Although the pre-flop raiser only makes a small bet, I would once again decide to fold, and it's partly because you're not closing the action. Any of the three players yet to act could bump up the price. A couple of them call, so you see the turn, which is the . This is a pretty good card for you, as it gives you a draw to the nut flush. In some ways, this is better than hitting a king, because making top pair might not be good enough to win, especially with your lousy kicker. On the turn, I would check, planning to call a bet with your 9 outs to the flush. You decided to bet as a semi-bluff and I think this is a mistake, because the pot is multiway. If someone already has the flush, they will raise and you might not have the right price to call with your draw. You described your bet as an "information bet", but what information are you tring to get? You only have king high, so you already know you don't have the best hand. You should primarily be betting for value (when you think you are best) or as a bluff (when you think villains will fold better hands than yours). The correct line for this turn is to check and call. You decided to bet, and you got raised. Fortunately, villain only minraised and this means you have the right odds to call, but note how much money you've put in the pot without a hand. You should generally try and keep the pot small until you make your monster hand, and you do that by checking and calling, not by betting and raising. As luck would have it, another heart hits on the river, so you made the nuts. Since you know you have the best hand now, it's just a matter of getting maximum value. With 2975 in the pot and only 686 in your stack, the obvious play is to go all in. You do that and get called by two players. I can only assume that they also made flushes and felt compelled to calling, so you dragged a very large pot.

Although you had a great result in this hand, I think you have a lot to learn about the relative strength of hands. When you get on to the real money tables, you'll be making a mistake if you call pre-flop raises with hands like K9o and, when you see a flop, you can't call bets without a strong draw. Chasing backdoor flushes will not be profitable, because villains will price you out. Be more careful in your hand selection and try to keep the pot small unless you make a monster hand.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 01:21 PM
(#11)
Tx! Yes, that hand was suicide. I have no excuse. I´ll never would play that hand in that way. But it was play money, and kings and 9 waS in every round. Still being crazy every move i made in that hand.

I´ll try to reach another hand, playing better.

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 08:28 PM
(#12)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 10:26 PM
(#13)
Hi again! I´d play the NLHE 0.01/0,02$ today and here is the hand that i want to analyze:

The hand:I think i made a correct bet on the flop having an open-ended straight draw. Maybe i made a mistake on size. But i can´t be sure that the turn bet was totaly correct. Bassed on my strategy it was. But was my strategy correct? What i know for sure, is that if he would raise i would be in problem. I would call and spect for a K/8. But if neither would arrive, what would i do?

About the reasons of Betting Big:
1- Having a monster hand &/or made hand, and so want to increase the pot size.
2- To bluff and make opponents fold their hands.
3- To protect against draws.

I receive that meessage when i try to make the quiz: "You passed another quiz recently. Please wait and try again later." I´m not hurry, but how much must i wait?

Thx!

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 11:34 PM
(#14)

It can take as long as 24 hours before you can attempt another quiz.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Sat Aug 03, 2013 at 11:37 PM..

Old
Sun Aug 04, 2013, 11:16 AM
(#15)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi again arihmann! I'll take a look at the hand in post #13.

Here you have Q9s in the small blind and the only action in front of you is a limp, which probably means villain 2 has a weak hand. If you were stronger, you could open raise, but with Q9s you have a decent speculative hand and even though you'll be OOP post-flop, I think you could make a profit by just completing the blind. You do that, so you're 3-handed on the flop.
The flop comes a JT5 rainbow, so you have an open-ended straight draw (OESD). If this was a raised pot, then I would always check to the raiser and then call a bet of up to about 80% of pot, but in a limped pot, I would lead right out, as villains might just fold immediately. You made your bet, but a minbet of 2c is too small. To put pressure on your opponents and to start building a pot, you should bet at least half pot. I would have gone with 4c into 6c here. The big blind calls and a blank 3 hits the turn. This card isn't going to scare any hands that called on the flop, so I'd usually check-call, and might even get a free card. You decided to bet, and that's OK. You'll be in a bad spot if villain makes a big raise, however. Villain folds, which is surprising, but it could be that he called on the flop with nothing because you made such a small bet. If you'd made a larger flop bet, he'd usually have Jx or Tx, so you'd have to check the turn.

Hope this helps!
To get more tuition on cash game basics, I recommend going to live training sessions for the Wednesday and Saturday Games if you can. You'll even be able to play alongside other PSO members in the Homegame club and get instant feedback on the way you play your hands. Good luck!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Sun Aug 04, 2013 at 11:19 AM..

Old
Wed Aug 07, 2013, 03:09 AM
(#16)
Hi! I´m missing some important concepts on the cash course cause the languaje. Im from Argentina and from here i knew what i was reading, but now the cash course is new to me and there´s some terms i dont deal with. I took the quiz 2 time missing both with 50%. I saw that the same promotion is working on intellipoker in a Spanish version. How can i do to read the course on Spanish and also do the quiz? I can´t find the way.. I would appreciate some help!

Tx!

Arihmann.-

Last edited by arihmann; Wed Aug 07, 2013 at 03:50 AM.. Reason: correction

Old
Fri Aug 09, 2013, 10:10 PM
(#17)
Hi there! I have just passed the quiz! I´ll wait for instructions!

Ari.-

Old
Sat Aug 10, 2013, 12:15 PM
(#18)
Hi arihmann,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 07:52 PM
(#19)
Hi! I have already earn 10 VPP!

I´ll wait for instructions!

Old
Mon Aug 12, 2013, 05:04 PM
(#20)
Hi arihmann,

The system is not showing 10 VPPs earned as yet; keep working at it, they will come!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com