Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder - lasttime23

Old
Bankroll Builder - lasttime23 - Tue Jul 30, 2013, 10:37 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
Hi. I would like to know if I can join to this promotion.

Old
Tue Jul 30, 2013, 10:48 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jul 30, 2013, 04:29 PM
(#3)
Hi lasttime23 ,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 31, 2013, 11:31 AM
(#4)
I have watched both videos and passed basics quiz. Here is my hand.

Is it correct line? I thought I could make a small bet on river.

Old
Wed Jul 31, 2013, 11:50 AM
(#5)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 01, 2013, 08:34 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi lasttime23! I'll analyse the hand in post #4.

AQ is strong enough to open UTG on this table, because you're 5-handed. On a full 9-max table it would be more marginal. Coming in for a raise is good and you have 2 callers. The flop of Q86 gives you TPTK, so betting for value is the right idea. I like the size you chose, as you can get value from worse pairs and draws. The turn brings a king and I think it's best to check here. This card either improves your opponents, or it scares them. Since you want to keep worse hands in the pot, so you can get some more value, checking with a plan to bet the river makes sense. The river 7 connects with the 8 and 6 on the flop, but a straight is unlikely, because that would mean a villain called on the flop with a gutshot like T9. A two pair hand like 87 might also have just got there. There's some scope for a value bet here. Since the turn was checked around, villains probably don't have a king, so your Q should be good fairly often. I would probably go with the bet-fold play, meaning I make a smallish bet for value, but fold if I get raised. When you take the bet-check-bet line, you can get looked up by weak hands, because it can look like you made a standard continuation bet with air, gave up on the turn, and then then made one last stab at the pot on the river. Another line you can take is to check the river, hoping that the player on the button will try a bluff. If he has a hand with no showdown value, he'll have to bet to try and win the pot, so if you check and he bets, you can catch his bluff by calling. If you led out then he might just fold, so checking to induce a bluff is a good way of squeaking out a bit more value from worse hands.
As played, you checked and the button checked behind. You had the best hand at showdown so dragged the pot. I think the villain with TT might have called a small river bet, so you may have missed some value, but it's not a huge mistake.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Thu Aug 01, 2013 at 08:39 AM..

Old
Thu Aug 01, 2013, 09:01 AM
(#7)
Thank you vey much for your in-depth analysis.
P.S I have all steps completed.

Last edited by lasttime23; Thu Aug 01, 2013 at 09:19 AM..

Old
Thu Aug 01, 2013, 10:58 AM
(#8)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 01, 2013, 04:30 PM
(#9)
I have watched video. Players want to make big bets to protect their hand, to extract value and to bluff.I have also passed cash quiz and lost my first br by doing very, very big mistake I think.Here is hand I lost everything.
I'm feeling very bad right now...

Old
Thu Aug 01, 2013, 04:44 PM
(#10)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 01, 2013, 07:17 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi lasttime23! I'll take a look at the hand in post #9.

Pre-flop, you have AQs, faced with a limper. I like your isolation raise, and I'm very surprised that so many players call. The flop comes a monotone Q83, so you made TPTK and can definitely get called by worse hands and draws. In a multiway pot it's more likely that you'll get action, so making a large value-bet is appropriate. There's a small possibility that one of the players flopped a flush, but more likely are flush draws with the bare or . I think I might go as big as 32c into 44c, because that will mean that if you get called, you'll have about a pot-sized bet left in your stack. With a large pot and a relatively small stack remaining, I think it would be fine to commit to getting all the chips in on safe turn cards. As played, you have a tricky stack size on the turn, as it's too big to go all in with (it's larger than the pot), but any bet commits you. As played, you bet 66c into 91c and villain minraises. This would make my stomach churn, because it seems likely that villain has a flush, or he flopped a set and wanted to see a safe turn card before getting his money in. I think you have to get it in, because the pot lays a great price, and there's always the possibility you're ahead. Villain could have KQ with the for example.
So you get all in and find out the bad news. Villain shows a baby flush. To be honest, he should never have been seeing the flop with that hand, as you'd made a large pre-flop raise that weak hands couldn't profitably call. You'll make lots of money from players like that in the long run, because hands like 52s so rarely make a monster. This was one of the occasions where villain got very lucky. Most of the time, he'd be calling 10c pre-flop and then folding on the flop.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Thu Aug 01, 2013 at 07:20 PM..

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 01:36 AM
(#12)
Hi lasttime23,

Please let us know when you have passed your cash quiz, so we may proceed to the next step!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 03:46 AM
(#13)
I have already passed cash quiz.

Last edited by lasttime23; Fri Aug 02, 2013 at 06:39 AM..

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 11:35 AM
(#14)
Hi lasttime23,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 07, 2013, 04:39 PM
(#15)
I have earned 10VPPS and after then lost all my bankroll again. I still haven't received another 2$ dollars I think.

Old
Wed Aug 07, 2013, 06:35 PM
(#16)
Hi lasttime23,

Our records do not show that you've earned 10 VPPs as yet. Keep working, they will come!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 08, 2013, 02:52 PM
(#17)
Isn't FPPs the same as VPPs?

Last edited by lasttime23; Thu Aug 08, 2013 at 02:55 PM..

Old
Thu Aug 08, 2013, 03:26 PM
(#18)
Hi lasttime23,

Here is a link to the info on VPP's. Hope this helps!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 12, 2013, 04:11 AM
(#19)
Hi. I have got my third 2 dollar income, I think. And lost it all. Then I found out that I have 3.30 mtt ticket from passing mtt quiz. So I used it and got I think 4 dollars from 3.30 15min tourney. Then I played some .50 45man turbos. They appeared to be super easy for me. I played like 10 of them and only in one I busted out. After 10 games of these mtt sngs I had 10 dollar and decided to go play nl2. I ran super hot. I have 22.85 in my bankroll now. This is a big hand where I flopped a monster.

Villain was a total fish. My bet sizing was bad too.

Last edited by lasttime23; Mon Aug 12, 2013 at 04:27 AM..

Old
Mon Aug 12, 2013, 04:02 PM
(#20)
Congratulations!

As you've earned enough VPP's we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the hand analysis forums in the Poker Education section. Also, it is a good idea to review some of the content on Bankroll Management at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com