Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Nasty Flop!

Old
Nasty Flop! - Wed Jul 31, 2013, 05:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
I'm wondering whether I made a mistake here? Hindsight is a funny thing...

Perhaps I should have put a stopper bet on the turn? I was just worried that seat 7 would ship his A as his stack was too short in comparison to the pot. Any thought here guys?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...770_DA7ACD6CBF

Old
Wed Jul 31, 2013, 06:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
*Moved to more appropriate forum* Fadyen

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jul 31, 2013, 07:10 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2012
Hi Fayden, can you tell me where said appropriate forum is?

Thanks

Nevermind, looks like it's here now (can I still be a forum newbie with 171 posts?)

Last edited by massive_set; Wed Jul 31, 2013 at 07:15 PM..

Old
Thu Aug 01, 2013, 01:57 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2012
I would shove PF after 4bet . as played I would CBET OTT after their check OTF.

Last edited by Shichi-77; Thu Aug 01, 2013 at 03:19 AM..

Old
Thu Aug 01, 2013, 05:50 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi massive_set

I like your 3bet sizing I think it's spot on.
Awkward spot post flop especially as we don't even have the Kc. With both villains having a little under a pot sized bet left I'm going to play it the same way you did. It's extremely likely that at least one of these guys has the A ( not forgetting player 1 ).

It's also important to remember that if we do bet that we are betting into a dead side pot which we could be drawing dead against.

Situations like this don't tend to happen very often and I'm happy with the way you played the hand.

I would be interested to hear what everybody else would do in this spot but I would play it exactly how you did.

Cheers, Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com