Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$2.50 180 man Turbo: PF decision on FT bubble

Old
$2.50 180 man Turbo: PF decision on FT bubble - Wed Jul 31, 2013, 07:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, I haven't played these 180 man turbos in a while and was unsure of the best line in this spot. I only had 37 hands on the villain but he was running vpip 24, pfr 16, but most of the hands were from earlier in the turney. I had the 3rd largest stack in the tourney at the time.

Folding, 3-betting all in, or running a stop and go all seemed to have some merit.

What would you suggest doing here?

Thanks!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Jul 31, 2013, 10:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2012
Ok I give a go about what I think. Everyone who reads this is no advice, just rookie trying to learn.
First of all I would put his button range somewhere this area 22+/A2o+/A2s+/54s+/64s+/K5s+/Q8s+/98o+/T8o+/96s+ and this is kinda shot at the dark prolly might be little tighter and even this wide range we are slight underdog I think In this case I would not be calling, either re-stealing or folding. Being a nit I would fold.
And yes pls as many as possible correct me, this is why posted reply so ppl correct my mistakes

Roslyn

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Roslyn_akka; Wed Jul 31, 2013 at 10:16 PM..

Old
Wed Jul 31, 2013, 10:26 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2011
For me I think it depends if you think he is a good player or a bad player. If he is a a good player then I think his range is big hands he's trying to induce a shove with as he only has 10 BBs to start with and you would normally expect a shove. Therefore I would fold.

If he is a bad player then I would just put him all in and try maximise fold equity, if he calls and we are behind then QJo plays well enough and at least he can't bust us.

I think you are ITM here? last 2 tables?

Old
Thu Aug 01, 2013, 01:49 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2012
Hello,
with 15 bb's I fold here. QT is the last one he will steal here because of stack sizes I think. I might shove if short staked and his LPS is at about 35%-40%. His hand range is more wide when I'm short stack.
and you are missing LPS stats.

Old
Thu Aug 01, 2013, 03:34 AM
(#5)
Since: May 2012
The entire hand didn't play out for me, but against a button raise for 1 more bb I am calling here to defend, I think we + ev against his button open or at least close to even money vs A rag, if we don't get a favorable flop we can get away cheap. for one more bb I think it is an easy call.

Old
Thu Aug 01, 2013, 03:48 AM
(#6)
Since: May 2012
I would be concerned that he is min raising with 7 bbs with a monster hand but I think with two broadway cards and only one more bb to call we have to call. we can just fold even if we flop top pair and he wants to put more money in the pot. he really should be shoving any hand he wants to play so the min raise sends up red flags, but if we call we still have 14 behind and we have equity vs his steals. I don't like shoving and I don't like folding so I would call and procede with caution. but there is 7k in the pot and 2k to call I think we have to see a flop.

Old
Thu Aug 01, 2013, 08:11 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotiveKiwi View Post
For me I think it depends if you think he is a good player or a bad player. If he is a a good player then I think his range is big hands he's trying to induce a shove with as he only has 10 BBs to start with and you would normally expect a shove. Therefore I would fold.

If he is a bad player then I would just put him all in and try maximise fold equity, if he calls and we are behind then QJo plays well enough and at least he can't bust us.

I think you are ITM here? last 2 tables?
^^ This.

Another inkling that villain is likely to have a strong hand is that 'if he's any good' he will be aware that if the small blind shoves on him he will be priced in to call with any two cards so due to this and due to his small stack size I don't think we are getting a fold from villain enough of the time to make this a good shove.

Cheers, Chris.

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 03:32 AM
(#8)
Thanks for all the input everyone! I tanked a long time on this hand, but couldn't find a fold in me. I jammed, he called with 44 which held up.

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com