Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu Aug 01, 2013, 07:19 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
hello i whant to take a part in the bankroll builder promotion

Old
Thu Aug 01, 2013, 07:22 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic06109 View Post
hello i whant to take a part in the bankroll builder promotion
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 01, 2013, 07:44 AM
(#3)
ok thanks

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 05:24 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
bankroll play money - Fri Aug 02, 2013, 06:29 AM
(#5)
hello,
1. i finish to watch the video
2. here a hand i play
it's not so sure i'd play it right but i'm open to any suggestion
3.i complete a some quiz but i do not know if it is the right one (please i would like some help here )

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 08:30 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 11:53 AM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi classic06109! I'll take a look at the hand in post #5.

You have KJo in late position and there's a lot of action in front of you. Three players limp, and they are likely to have weak hands, but the next player goes all in for 2000, which is a stack of 200bb. That is a HUGE overbet, and it would usually mean the player has a very big hand. Since he didn't make a standard raise for value, I would expect him to have a something like JJ or AK and he's shoving because those hands can be tricky to play on the flop, so shoving removes all post-flop play. With KJ, you should be snap-folding. What hands are you beating? There aren't any! You're losing to all pocket pairs, and are crushed by AK/AJ. With a 100bb stack, there's no need to get involved here. You should generally only get a 100bb stack in the middle with QQ+/AK.
As played, you call the shove, and villain flips over 22, so it's a race. You'll win this about 50% of the time, so the result wil come down to pure luck, like flipping a coin. Going all in pre-flop takes the skill out of poker. If you want to be a long-term winner, then you should avoid taking random flips, and focus on getting your chips in when you're much more likely to have the best hand. You won the flip this time, but calling off 100bb with KJ will not be profitable in the long run. Practice some discipline and patience, as recommended in the PSO courses, so that you can reduce the effect of luck.

Feel free to continue with the PSO courses and take the quizzes when you're sure you understand everything you've read.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 12:44 PM
(#8)
ok thank's i will keep that in mind

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 10:03 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
3.i complete a some quiz but i do not know if it is the right one (please i would like some help here )
You still need to pass the quiz

Here's another link to it:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...ssessment-Quiz

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 03:42 PM
(#10)
i just take the quiz and i score 81 % ... please check again
and i wait for the next step
cheers

Old
Sun Aug 04, 2013, 10:09 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
i just take the quiz and i score 81 % ... please check again
and i wait for the next step
cheers
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
bankroll play real money - Sun Aug 04, 2013, 03:20 PM
(#12)
here's a hand i play with real money ....
i was afraid at first but it turn up well

and this is the 3 reassons why a player can make a big bet
1. trying to scare you to steal the blind
2. he has a monster hand and try to get it value
3. beeing to hurry to maney a lot of money

Old
lost - Sun Aug 04, 2013, 03:53 PM
(#13)
i lost all my bonus money in this hand ...
i want your advice ..if i play it right or not

Old
Sun Aug 04, 2013, 04:01 PM
(#14)
my english it a bit rusty ... so it take my a wille to understand the question right

so i want to say thoose 3 reasson again
1 to put pressure on a player
2 to bluff people off of there hand's
3 to gain value from verry strong hand

Old
Mon Aug 05, 2013, 09:29 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 05, 2013, 02:31 PM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi classic06109! Congrats on passing the quiz! I'll analyse the hands in post #13 and #14.

#13: You have QQ in middle position, faced with a limp. You should be raising for value here, because QQ is the third best starting hand. You decided to just call the 2c blind, and this is a terrible idea, because it could mean that several other players enter the pot, making it much more likely that you'll lose. With strong hands, you should open for a raise, and the standard size is 3bb + 1bb per limper. 8c would be the perfect size in this spot. As played, you limp and there's a caller, but then villain 2 makes a big raise. You could just call here, but I see that both you and the villain are short-stacked. I would re-raise and plan to get it all in pre-flop against this player, because short-stacks tend to go all in with worse hands than QQ.
You decided to raise to 26c, and the villain calls. This is weird, because half of his stack in the middle, so he's pot-committed. You're in the same situation. With over half your stack in the middle, you only have one play on the flop and that's to go all in, whether you have a good flop or a bad one. You actually made a set, which is great. You put villain all in, and amazingly he has JT, so he's obviously calling with two pairs, even though he's virtually drawing dead.
You dragged the pot with a monster hand, but your play was far from standard. Pre-flop with big hands, open for a raise. Don't limp or limp-reraise like you did. It just leads to weird situations.

#14: A6o is a trash hand. It doesn't make money. The best thing you can do with this hand is to fold it pre-flop. Limping in is a weak play that doesn't give you an immediate chance to win the pot. As played, you limp and see a 3-handed flop of J65, so you made middle pair, top kicker. The big blind bets half pot, and I think you can call this bet, with a plan to fold on the turn if you don't improve and villain keeps betting. As played, you turn trips. Villain bets 10c into 16c and I like your raise. Since you're committing to this hand, you want to get all in. Villain obliges by re-raising. While he'll sometimes be ahead with a full house with pocket 5s or 65, he might also be going crazy with just a jack. All the money goes in and villain shows JT for one pair. You got it in as a big favourite with trips. Unfortunately, villain got really lucky and hit a 2-outer to make jacks full of 6s, while you made 6s full of jacks. Suckouts like this will happen often in poker, so you just have to accept them. But one way you can limit your big losses is by not playing junk hands in the first place. A6o doesn't make monster hands very often, and is losing to all the bigger aces, so it's far better to just fold pre-flop.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 06, 2013, 10:02 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Super Stuff!

Please let us know as soon as you pass the Cash Game quiz

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
cash quiz - Thu Aug 08, 2013, 08:59 PM
(#18)
haha i just complete the cash game quiz 72 % feeling happy
i wait the next step
cheers :P

Old
Fri Aug 09, 2013, 05:35 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
haha i just complete the cash game quiz 72 % feeling happy
i wait the next step
cheers :P
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
fpps - Sun Aug 11, 2013, 08:39 PM
(#20)
hello i have 10 fpps ...
what's next ?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com