Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-Max Zoom: QQ in sb vs bb 3b

Old
10NL 6-Max Zoom: QQ in sb vs bb 3b - Thu Aug 01, 2013, 04:45 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
This hand is from 10NL Zoom 6-Max. I only had 29 hands on the villain but he was running 24/21/13.3 3-bet and 100% c-bet.

I'm not sure about my line in this hand both preflop and on the flop.

Normally I try not to call 3-bets oop, but I assumed I was beating most of this guys 3-bet range. I don't know if I could have induced a 5-bet shove from him with a weaker hand than mine had I 4-bet.

The two As on the flop seemed ok for me. I checked since he had 100% c-bet letting him fire another barrel of value. Would I have been better off calling the flop and letting him barrel again on the turn? I didn't really like the idea of calling bets on every street with second best pair.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...802_10DA5CCD35

Thanks for your thoughts!

Roland GTX

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 03:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
Preflop its ok given that we are deep and that we dont want to face a 5bet.

I dont see any reason to check raise flop,

Value? we cant really get called by worst

Protection? There are no draws at all, and a Kx hand only have 3 outs.

Bluff? KK might fold, but unlikely.

So just call and keep his bluffs on his range, turn its a hard spot if he bets, but i would call a reasonable size bet.

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 04:49 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
I would prefer a 4-bet since villain is 3 betting a lot, but calling is ok too.
Now on the flop your check-raise looks more like a bluff than a value raise.
We aren't representing much, maybe a 9x but I think we won't be check-raising with Ax there.
When you raise you might get a call from TT+, but you make any broadway hand, smaller pair to fold.
And a tricky villain might 3-bet you on the flop, which would make you hate your life there.
In my opinion calling flop is better in inducing a bluff on later streets, so I would call.

Last edited by GamblingProp; Fri Aug 02, 2013 at 04:51 AM..

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 12:54 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Greg,

Flatting or 4-betting are ok here... I lean towards 4-betting personally because the villain seems aggressive and it's blind v blind so will be even more so here. Additionally, this is probably a situation I'll be looking to do some light 4-betting in, so it's important I protect my value range by also 4-betting here. If I'm only 4-betting AA/KK for value then my 4b range becomes very heavy in bluffs. It's too early for any of these reads or history to be developed, but if we flat now and show this down, vs. a thinking player it makes it very hard to 4b bluff in the future. If it turns out he's not a thinking player and is just a fish, then the above consideration doesn't matter but I still lean towards 4-betting QQ vs. an aggro fish in a blind v blind war for other reasons of pure value.

As played the flop c/r just folds out all worse hands and bluffs... you're way ahead/way behind here, just call. Since we took a line that encourages aggression, from a villain who may be a bit over-aggro and in a situation ripe for over-aggression, continue with that line here imo and induce.

Quote:
I didn't really like the idea of calling bets on every street with second best pair.
You don't have to if you don't think he'll 3-barrel bluff often enough. You can c/c turn and c/f river to a big bet. The turn c/c is automatic and essentially free (because we will put roughly the same amount of money in check/calling the 2 streets as you did anyway check/raising the flop, but the flop c/r folds out all worse hands while the c/c, c/c line gets value on the turn from worse hands that are out of line).

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 01:15 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post

You don't have to if you don't think he'll 3-barrel bluff often enough. You can c/c turn and c/f river to a big bet. The turn c/c is automatic and essentially free (because we will put roughly the same amount of money in check/calling the 2 streets as you did anyway check/raising the flop, but the flop c/r folds out all worse hands while the c/c, c/c line gets value on the turn from worse hands that are out of line).
Excellent eye opener Dave! Thank you very much. You get a triple fist pump for that adjustment to my thinking

Greg

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 01:27 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
So Dave, are you getting it in QQ in this spot 250bb deep? or whats the plan if we get 5bet?

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 02:25 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
It will depend on the sizing but either calling or 6-betting can be options here blind v blind with an aggro villain. I'm not opposed to stacking off in this specific spot as players of this nature will typically all AK combos in their stack off range as well as the occasional JJ/TT or and a few random bluffs.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com