Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder application

Old
bankroll builder application - Thu Aug 01, 2013, 11:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
i want to apply for the bankroll builder thanks

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 12:15 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 12:54 PM
(#3)
Hi ALAMAT69,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 12:39 AM
(#4)

making some plays with one of my favorite suited connectors please review it and give me some advices thanks

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 12:46 AM
(#5)
ive already passed the basic course quiz and watched the video, ive met the necessary requirements for the promotion

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 01:38 AM
(#6)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 11:19 AM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi ALAMAT69!

With 89s and 2 limps in front of me, this is an interesting one. Based on my table position, this is a hand that I'm going to fold (especially if there are any aggressive opps behind me). I'm more than happy to play pots with hands like this from late position, but not from middle position and definitely not from early position.
If I did raise (which I would not), then I would need to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. If I raise to less than this, I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me, something that I want to avoid.
I then get 3-bet and with a marginal-at-best hand, I need to muck this preflop. I only want to be calling 3-bets with premium hands, not with marginal ones.

If I saw the flop (which I would not), when I see that I get 2nd pair with 4 opps in the hand, I need to check when it gets to me. Bets post-flop need to be made based on the pot size, number of opps and the board texture. With this many opps, I cannot bet less than a pot-sized bet and my hand is not strong enough to do this. If I bet less, then the opps get the right odds to try to outdraw me, which is a problem. Another big key here is that I don't have enough chips to make this bet.. so if I want to play the hand, I need to shove.. and I do not want to shove when I can very easily not have the best hand. If any of the opps bets the flop, I need to muck. I want to be getting my chips into the pot when I'm ahead and the favorite to win the hand. When the chips went in here, I'm going to LOSE 80% of the time.

The key with this hand is to muck marginal hands if I'm not in late position and to also fold marginal hands to a raise. If I can see a cheap flop when I'm in position, that's ok, but not to a raise and not when out of position.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 11:31 AM
(#8)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 04, 2013, 06:49 AM
(#9)

here is my first hand on a full ring game .01/.02 blinds thanks for the comments and suggestions

Old
Sun Aug 04, 2013, 06:57 AM
(#10)
Reasons to make a big bet:
1.To gain value from your hand
2.To bluff an opponent
3.To put pressure on an opponent

i have passed the cash game quiz also for the 2nd part of the application i hope with these i can now move to the next step

Old
Sun Aug 04, 2013, 10:56 AM
(#11)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 04, 2013, 12:43 PM
(#12)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi ALAMAT69! I'll analyse the hand in post #9.

First of all, it looks like you posted your big blind out of turn. Don't do this. Since you'll be dealt an unplayable hand more than 80% of the time, you'll be throwing away 2c four times out of five. This money will add up over time and drain your bankroll. When you first join a table, click the "Wait until big blind before posting" option. There are several useful settings in the software for things like this, and I've listed them in my blog.
With T4o, you'd definitely have to fold to a raise, but here there's just a limp and a call, so you see a 4-handed flop. On T94, you have top and bottom pair, which is a strong but vulnerable hand. When a villain minbets this board, I would always raise for value, and I think you made it the perfect size to get value from worse hands and draws. Surprisingly, it's the two blinds that call the raise. Things could get tricky if the turn is a club or a king, as the latter will complete an OESD for QJ, but you actually turned a full house. Some players would slowplay here and that would be a mistake. I would make a big bet for value, hoping that flush and straight draws will keep chasing, even though they are drawing dead. I think you missed value by betting less than half pot. I'd go with about 22c into 34c.
The flush draw misses on the river, but villain could have made a pair if he was chasing the OESD with QJ. Hands like T9 and QT made two pairs, so once more I would choose a bet-size that gets the most value. Something like 40c would be much better. Villain is either calling or folding. If he's calling, then it doesn't matter whether you make it 40c or 20c, so you should choose the larger amount. You drag the pot for a nice win, but I think you could have made more money by betting bigger on the turn and river.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 04, 2013, 01:48 PM
(#13)
Hi ALAMAT69,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 05, 2013, 03:14 AM
(#14)

good afternoon mods, i want to have some comments and suggestions about these play, i am the raiser preflop, im still working on the 10 vpp's needed to earn the next promotion, will advise here if i already made it thanks

Old
Mon Aug 05, 2013, 11:59 AM
(#15)

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 05, 2013, 02:54 PM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi again ALAMAT69! I'll analyse the hand in post #14.

You have QTs in the small blind faced with a limper. Although this is a pretty hand with decent potential to make flushes and straights, you'll be OOP post-flop which will make it hard to extract value when you connect. I would usually try and keep the pot small here by just completing the blind. Raising isn't terrible, but if you go with that route, then making it 8c (3bb + 1bb per limper) is better, as it's more likely to get you heads up or even collect the dead money straight away. As played, you made it 6c and two players call. The flop of AK7 might look like a good one for you, as you have a draw, but I'm not keen on making a continuation bet here. It's unlikely that both villains will fold, as they will have various aces and kings in their pre-flop calling ranges. 8c into 18c is also too small. Always bet between half pot and full pot on the flop and turn to put pressure on your opponents. If you bet less than half pot, they will call with various hands and draws, and you don't want them calling when you have just queen high. The big blind calls, and his most likely hand is Ax. The turn is an interesting card. The brings you additional outs to a flush to go with your gutshot straight draw. Since you now have 12 outs, you can confidently make a semi-bluff. I doubt villain will fold an ace, but you could improve on the river and win a big pot. Unfortunately, villain doesn't fold or even call your turn bet. He makes a min-raise. Now it's time to look at the pot odds to work out if you can make the call with your combo draw. As a general guideline, you can call minraises with decent draws, because you'll have the right odds (which is why minraises are generally a bad idea) but let's do the math. You need to call 18c into a pot that will be $1.06 after your call. That means that the amount of equity (or "chance to win") you need is 18/106 = 17%. You can call this raise if you'll make your hand 17% of the time. With 12 outs, you'll make a straight or a flush about 24% of the time. Since your winning chance is greater than the proportion of the pot you need to contribute, you can make a profitable call here. You call and get the perfect river card. You made a straight and a flush. It's only the flush that counts, obviously, but the means you have the 2nd nuts. Only an ace high flush beats you. I would be happy to stack off on this river. Since we don't want villain to check behind if he just has one pair, I like leading out on the river. Villain only has 79c behind, which is less than the size of the pot, so I'd just put him all in directly. As played, you made it 40c and he shoved over that. It's a snap call for you, and happily you drag the pot. Villain way overvalued his hand here. AT is losing to several better aces that made two pairs, and it's also crushed by straights and flushes. Villain seems to have got pot-committed on the turn, when he raised instead of calling. It all worked out great for you in the end. Nice hand!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Mon Aug 05, 2013 at 02:58 PM..

Old
Fri Aug 09, 2013, 05:25 AM
(#17)
ive already hit the target 10 vpp's for the next step of bankroll builder promotion, what is my next step? thanks

Old
Sat Aug 10, 2013, 12:20 PM
(#18)
Hi ALAMAT69,

Our records show that you still need to earn a few more VPPs. Keep working, and they will come soon!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 07:40 AM
(#19)
hey i currently have a total of 26 vpp's and received 4 2$ bankroll from you guys,what is the next thing to do? do i continue playing .01/.02 full ring table? or can i play now like mtt or sng tables thanks

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 07:44 AM
(#20)
will i get further bankroll from you guys? will wait for your reply thanks

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com