Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[JK] Bankroll Builder

Old
[JK] Bankroll Builder - Fri Aug 02, 2013, 06:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
hello.i glad to take part at bankroll builder promotin.

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 08:28 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahahmadi9 View Post
hello.i glad to take part at bankroll builder promotin.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 01:50 PM
(#3)
what happen?

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 02:46 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello sarahahmadi9,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 07:11 PM
(#5)
hello,i do.

1.watch youtube clip

2.hand replayer

3.passed poker basics quiz.

please say me what else i need do? i play good at tournements and can i use 8$ for hot 0.55$ daily tourney?thanks a lot

Last edited by sarahahmadi9; Sat Aug 03, 2013 at 07:14 PM..

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 07:49 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi sarahahmadi9!

This promotion is ONLY for FULL RING cash games. If any other type of cash table or ANY cash tournaments are played before this promo ends, you will be INELIGIBLE for all future bonuses in the promotion.

With KJo from the button, I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. With 4 limpers, I will raise to 7BB or 14 chips.

I flop top pair with a medium kicker and have an opp make an abnormally small bet that is called by two opps. I need to make a value raise here. The key with post-flop bets is to make standard bets/raises based on the size of the pot, number of opps in the hand and the board texture. With 3 opps in the hand, I need to raise by 3/4 pot, so I will raise to 43 chips. I do not want to raise less than this, as doing so can give the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me. If they are going to, I want them to be making a play where they expect to lose chips to me.. not one where they expect to gain chips from me.

The turn completes a flush draw and straight, but gives me the 2nd nut flush draw. When the opp checks here, I'm going to check behind for pot control. If I did bet, with only 1 opp now, I would need to make a 1/2 pot sized bet.

The river puts 4 to a straight on the board and now the opp makes a very abnormally small bet. A standard bet here is 1/2 pot. While I'm cringing doing so, I'm going to call this and hope that they do not have a straight or flush... as it's too small of a bet not to call with top pair. If the opp bet anywhere near 1/2 pot or over 1/2 pot, it's an easy fold.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 07:52 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Brilliant sarahahmadi9!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 04, 2013, 05:04 AM
(#8)
John u say just raise,i raised and lost.why he call 1/2 pot at flop and turn with nothing

Old
Sun Aug 04, 2013, 10:41 AM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi sarahahmadi9!

I'll have one of the hand analyzers look at this within 24 hours. HOWEVER, this is NOT a FULL RING table. This is your last warning on it. If you play anything other than FULL RING 2NL cash games, no 6-max, no other stake, no tournaments... you WILL be INELIGIBLE!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 04, 2013, 01:11 PM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi sarahahmadi9! I'll take a look at the hand in post #8, even though it's a 6-max game. Remember to filter for 9-handed tables in the lobby before continuing with this promotion.

With QJo, I would fold pre-flop in this situation. It's not strong enough to raise under the gun, and is very difficult to play post-flop, especially if a villain has position on you. As played, you're called by the cutoff, and then it's re-raised by the button. Although this is only a minraise (a 3x or 4x raise would be more standard), it's clear that you do not have the best hand. This is your second opportunity to fold, and you should take it, because playing bloated pots out of position is a good way to go busto in a hurry. Villain's range for 3-betting is very strong. Typically he'll have a big pair or AK. You're not beating any of that range.
As played, you call and the flop comes J52. The standard play here is to check to the last raiser on the previous street and then call if he bets. By leading out with a donkbet, you allow villain to play perfectly and don't get value when you're ahead, because he will usually fold all his worse hands and only call (or raise) with better. I very much doubt he has worse than QJo, however, because he 3-bet pre-flop. The only hands in his range that you currently beat are AK/AQ/TT. Pocket pairs from JJ-AA are way ahead. When villain calls, I would be worried he is slowplaying a monster. For that reason, betting the turn is another mistake. There just aren't any worse hands that would usually call here. It turns out that villain got married to his AK and hit a 6-outer on the river. His play was bad in this hand from his 3-bet size (too small) and then calling two streets with ace high, but you made mistakes too. Since QJo does not have a positive expectation pre-flop in early position, I recommend you fold pre-flop next time you're in the situation, and you should definitely get out of the way if you get re-raised.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 10, 2013, 08:22 AM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Please let us know as soon as you pass the Cash Game quiz

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com