Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Calculating Outs, Practice & Quiz results

Old
Question
Calculating Outs, Practice & Quiz results - Fri Aug 02, 2013, 06:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
Hey Everyone,

I've had a great time with the beginner course so far and learned a lot. At my last lesson, calculating outs, I didn't do too well and only scored 25%. I already searched the forum and I know that I can't see answers but I've seen something about retaking a quiz.

However when I go back to the lesson it says " You have already passed this quiz." which is strange to me with only 25%

If that also isn't possible, where can I find some extra exercises to practice the two and four rule? I could blame it on me being sleepy but I just want and need to practice more haha

Thanks in advance!

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 10:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
Hello The Flam Tap,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline. Here's a short video about PSO and what it has to offer you. Also check out >>This Page<< for more info.

The best way I can suggest of practicing the rule of two and four is to make some examples yourself. You could try using the Odds Calculator we have here at PSO and just mess around with different, random hands. Try working out the number of outs you have and the odds then click evaluate to see if you were right. The odds will be a little out to what you work out but if it's close you're probably on the right track. You might even like to try writing down all the outs you can think of at first to make it easier to count. With a little practice it'll soon become second nature! And if you have any trouble with working something out don't be afraid to post and ask about it.

We're here to help you so please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline.

Chris

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 11:35 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Hi The Flam Tap

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flam Tap View Post
Hey Everyone,

However when I go back to the lesson it says " You have already passed this quiz." which is strange to me with only 25%

Thanks in advance!
If it says you have passed the quiz you may need to e-mail support about a bug in the software. Also the questions can change after each try. Through trial and error you can get it correct eventually....

Only if the software is correct to start with! The Q&A quizzes may have bugs but PSO is the best place to learn. So welcome and learn with the members.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Fri Aug 02, 2013 at 11:38 PM..

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 05:18 AM
(#4)
Hi ForrestFive and Fadyen,

Thanks for your reactions! I will practice with the odds calculator, I've found the option for random hands for the opponents but this isn't available for the flop/turn/river and your own hand? Or would you recommend to play at play-money tables for some completely random examples?

Also I'll report the quiz bug to PSO support.

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 11:37 AM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2012
Hi The Flam Trap,

I certainly think playing some play money games to generate random examples is a good idea. Any time you're on a draw just take a not of the hand or use the hand history and review it after your session. Then you can use the odds calculator to check it. This way you can also work out if you're getting the right price to call when your opponent bets. Again if you come across any hands where you're having trouble or unsure please feel free to post them in the forum, if you're not sure on how to use the hand replayer you can find a brief tutorial on it here.

Also I tried the quiz for rule of two and four part of the basic course and it let me do it twice before it said I had finished the quiz and seemed to work fine, but if you are sure you didn't pass it then please do report that to support.

Chris

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 08:11 PM
(#6)
Thanks again, I'll be practicing on my own again, but if I need help I'll certainly come back here.

As for the quiz, i contacted support and they said that the minimum required to pass was only 1%, so go figure haha

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com