Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | - Fri Aug 02, 2013, 10:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2013
I would like to join the Bankroll Builder promotion

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 10:42 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 02, 2013, 11:11 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Buildersession feedback hand analysis - Sun Aug 04, 2013, 03:12 AM
(#4)

Called pre-flop all-in.

Old
Unhappy
Bank-roll Builder hand feedback - Sun Aug 04, 2013, 06:25 AM
(#5)

Hi there
What could I have done better?

Old
Cool
Bankroll Buildersession feedback hand analysis - Sun Aug 04, 2013, 06:31 AM
(#6)

Hi there
What would have been a better strategy for this hand?

Old
Bankroll Builder - All three steps completed - Sun Aug 04, 2013, 06:39 AM
(#7)
Hi there

I have completed the three steps

1. Played some hands

2. Posted hand to analyze

3. Completed beginner quiz

What's next?

Old
Mon Aug 05, 2013, 03:49 AM
(#8)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Did you have any specific reads, when the villain shoves all in? I wouldn't expect to be ahead of many possible combo's of Ax that are in their range A9+ AT AJ AQ AK, let's also factor in pocket pairs, 77+ 88 99 TT JJ QQ KK AA. I'd pick a different spot to call of 10+bb. Post flop, I'd just check it down on all streets, Villains 6 decided to play their hand from early position, which may be an indicator of strength.

Hand Analysis

A general rule of thumb, when it comes to bet sizing, 2/3 to 3/4 pot size is ideal. This will help build the stack to pot ratio and ensure that we get enough value with our made hand, anything less than this amount will correctly price in mediocre to marginal holdings. One of the main components about playing poker is having reads of the villains tendencies and show down ranges, it's hard to assign other Ax combos that could be in their range..but it's more than plausible, presently A3 and AK have us beat..all we can really do is get the chips in middle as this is a really strong holding.
Unfortunate out come.

Hope this helps.

Good luck and good decisions,
CannonLee

Old
Mon Aug 05, 2013, 04:02 AM
(#9)
Please take the Poker Basic Course | >>click here<< and pass the quiz at the end of the course. When you have done this, let me know and your first Bank Roll Builder bonus will be awarded to you!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Strange result - Wed Aug 07, 2013, 06:23 AM
(#10)

Hi Canon,

please evaluate the hand and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Old
Wed Aug 07, 2013, 08:38 AM
(#11)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Did you have any specific reads on this villain? Generally a limping range is perceived as a weak range.
We are sitting on a 14bb stack depth, I'd generally be looking to play pots with strong holdings all in pre-flop. On that board texture we are going to get floated by spade draws coupled with some high card showdown value, I'd prefer just checking all 3 streets..as bets saved are bets earned and each chip may represent a possible ladder climb in the prize pool and or points for the leader board if this was a skill league game. As played on the river, our pair of fours has been cancelled, now high card plays above 4, 8 9 T J Q K A etc..

Hope this helps.

CannonLee

Old
Wed Aug 07, 2013, 08:40 AM
(#12)
Just a reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonLee View Post
Please take the Poker Basic Course | >>click here<< and pass the quiz at the end of the course. When you have done this, let me know and your first Bank Roll Builder bonus will be awarded to you!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Wed Aug 07, 2013, 09:06 AM
(#13)
Thanks for your reply

I dont understand why the 4 was cancelled out?? As played on the river? I thought any pair would beat a high card.

Have taken test but only 65% result. Will re-read tutorials and try again soon.

Old
Thu Aug 08, 2013, 04:34 AM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Rumble View Post
Thanks for your reply

I dont understand why the 4 was cancelled out?? As played on the river? I thought any pair would beat a high card.
Hi,

Have taken test but only 65% result. Will re-read tutorials and try again soon.
Hi,

The best 5 card hand wins, that would also mean that the community cards + 1 or both of the hole cards.

So if the board is AAKK4 and we hold 74, the best 5 card hand that we can make is AAKK7 (two pairs Aces and Kings, seven kicker) the pair of fours is cancelled, that means any villain with a card higher than 7, AAKK8 AAKK9 AAKKT AAKKQ etc.. will have us beat.

Please >>click here<< for an overview of the Poker Hand Rankings.

Hope this helps.

Good luck on the quiz, let me know when you have passed it and your first bonus will be awarded!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Bank Roll Builder - Poker Test completed 75% - Tue Aug 13, 2013, 03:54 PM
(#15)
Hi Canon
I have finally passed the assessment test. Some tricky questions for the novice!

Score - 75%

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 10:30 PM
(#16)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Bank Roll Builder - Cash Game 3 steps complete - Fri Aug 16, 2013, 03:45 PM
(#17)

Hi Canon,

With this hand I had caught the villian bluffing big time a couple of times earlier. villian was playing a lot of pots and was aggressive and loose. Should I have put more pressure on villian earlier on to force a fold on the turn? Or would I have been better to fold myself on the turn in anticipation of villians Flush draw?

Your input is most appreciated. Thanks for your time.

I have also completed steps 1 - 3 of the 2nd installment in the Bank Roll Builder promotion.

*Three Reasons to Make a Big Bet

1. To put a lot of pressure on opponents.
2. To bluff people off decent hands.
3. To protect against strong draws

* I have passed the NLHE quiz: result 91%

-post cash game hand
-name 3 reasons to make a big bet
-pass NLHE cash game quiz

Look forward to your response.

Old
Bank Roll Builder Session Feedback - Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:47 AM
(#18)

Hey Canon,

With this hand I obviously had an excellent starting hand but would I have been better to go all in pre-flop or even post-flop before the turn to protect my holding?

Thanks for your time

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 11:03 AM
(#19)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

This hand will play very well even out of position versus a loose villain or in this case (loose aggressive. It's very playable and will flop decent a top pair or some equity to a straight of flush draw. I do not mind leading this flop to try and get value from a worse range of Kx or second pair and quite possible some flush draw combos. Checking to induce a worse range of Kx to bet so we can raise for value is certainly an option, but given that we have top pair it reduces the likelihood of the villain to have a range Kx so I'd expect either of the two villains to check back this flop.

On this flop our hand versus and one other random hand we would have in the range of about 50% equity. As for the turn there is no way I'd check fold this turn in anticipation of the flush draw as the doesn't really improve either of the villain range unless they have 92 Q2 K2 or 22 which it a very unlikely holding taking into account the pre-flop action.

Here is how our hand matches up on the turn versus the villain in MP (middle position)

76% chance of winning

24% chance of winning

This means any money we invest at this point, we can expect to win 76% of it back, which is clearly a +EV (plus expected value) play. The villain is nearly a 4 to 1 under dog, if I could get in this situation every hand I play..I'd get it all in with the villain every time! Our reads on this villain is that they are loose, they could easily be going all in with worse Kx Qx or a flush draw..

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 11:22 AM
(#20)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

We have a 40bb stack depth and to call this villains all in we are getting about 1 to 1 pot odds and will be in a rough coin flip situation versus a wide range of holdings (or in this case 45% vs. 55%) and quite possibly semi-dominated by a better range of Ax or pocket pairs (60/40 or 70/30), so that would mean any money we invest, we could expect to win half of it back or even less depending on the villains actual holdings. Plus, we are not closing the action to isolate that villain..just cold calling invites the two other limpers from early position which could put us into a difficult situation post flop and reduce our overall hand strength/equity in the pot as this hand just doesn't flop to well with the big gap between the ace and 8. We are rarely going to flop equity to a straight draw, we'll feel gun shy to bet this hand for value with such low kicker card and we'll only flop a flush draw 17% of the time. This hand is a mediocre holding and we are sitting deep enough to just fold pre-flop.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com