Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

VIP Club Month - discussion page

Old
VIP Club Month - discussion page - Sat Aug 03, 2013, 12:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010

Special giveaways, VIP Store discounts, Happy Hours and more throughout August!

A month of special VIP Club incentives this August

You become a member of the VIP Club the moment you start playing real money games at PokerStars. It’s the ultimate poker rewards program, and it’s about to get even better, with more special offers from August 1-31.

Make your way towards a higher VIP level quicker than before, and take advantage of exclusive new offers for all players. There are also cash prizes on offer, plus free tickets to this year’s World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP).

Here’s what you can expect during VIP Club Month:

$1M in prizes across five VIP Giveaway tournaments

Register for a series of special prize draw tournaments and take a share of more than $1,000,000 in cash and WCOOP tickets. Entry is based on your VPP earnings in August, giving everyone a chance to take part. The higher your points tally and VIP status during the qualifying period, the more chances you have to win. See here for more on how these special tourneys work.

Happy Hours

Play real money ring games and tournaments during designated Happy Hours and you’ll earn 50% extra VIP Player Points (VPPs) and Frequent Player Points (FPPs)! This will help you on your way towards reaching the next VIP Club level, which means more rewards and benefits. The extra FPPs also mean you can purchase more items from the VIP Store. See here to find out when Happy Hours are running.

VIP Store Sale

Purchase items from the VIP Store at discounted prices during our special sale from August 9-31. Some items have a discount of up to 90%, and it’s a great way to get extra value when you use your Frequent Player Points (FPPs) to buy clothes, accessories and more.

VIP Trivia Satellites

Test your VIP Club trivia skills and win free entry to the $1M VIP Giveaway Tournaments prize draw. The VIP Trivia Satellites run from August 12-18, with a total of 35,000 tourney seats set to be awarded. To play the satellites you’ll need to answer a special VIP Club trivia question, and you’ll find the satellites listed in the PokerStars lobby under ‘Tourney’ > ‘VIP’.

VIP WCOOP Satellite

The 2013 World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) starts September, and SilverStar VIPs and higher can win one of 100 guaranteed seats to the Main Event with a VIP Bash satellite on August 31. Use your Frequent Players Points (FPPs) to buy-in, or win your seat for the satellite via feeder qualifiers for free, or from as little as five FPPs. To find the VIP Bash satellite and register, open the PokerStars lobby and click ‘Tourney’ > ‘VIP’ > ‘SilverStar’.

Plus, don’t forget that VIP Live: Berlin takes place on August 24, and you can be there to join the party!

Contact support@pokerstars.com if you have any questions about VIP Club Month or how to take part.

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 01:39 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
I must say I'm really disappointed by the VIP club.

It's the first I've checked it in a few months but there is virtually NO merchandise like T-Shirts/ Sweatshirts/ hats/ playing cards etc.

I've exchanged VIP for satellite tickets before but I prefer to spend on something I can see in my hand.

Thanks but no thanks Pokerstars, I won't be participating in this promotion - I'll move elsewhere where I get rakeback if I want to exchange my hard work for extra buy ins.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 01:49 PM
(#3)
The VIP Give Away Tournaments have great odds.
Your chances of cashing are 1:6, how can you not participate
Anybody wanting to build their bankroll needs to play these.

The satellites don't have great odds (1:25), but if you play them late in the day, the odds diminish by a lot

Happy hour, great stuff, easy way of achieving higher VIP levels

VIP Bash, the odds of moving up is 1:10 (except for the 1st step which is 1:100 and the last with odds of 1:13)

VIP store, will need to look for what's on sale

Good Luck all

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 02:01 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post

The satellites don't have great odds (1:25), but if you play them late in the day, the odds diminish by a lot

Happy hour, great stuff, easy way of achieving higher VIP levels

VIP Bash, the odds of moving up is 1:10 (except for the 1st step which is 1:100 and the last with odds of 1:13)

VIP store, will need to look for what's on sale

Good Luck all
Win cash to spend more cash on Pokerstars.

I loved the "old" VIP program where you could buy books etc. I'm on a 30% rakeback deal elsewhere and I'll spend my cash there.

This really affects me btw and one of the reasons I liked Stars over other sites. I guess I'll just take what I can from the site and push myself elsewhere.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 02:13 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2010
I made SilverStar status in July - so I have an invite to some tourney in early September that looks decent. The 'happy hours' thing looks worthwhile as well - will defo play a few tables in those timespots.

Frankly I like this promo as it is not expecting any great change or increase in my reg games - but gives a wee add-on for the stuff I will be doing anyhow.

Probably gives great added value for the higher end grinders - (that is you Sand!) - who are going to earn a decent percentage extra to their regular winnings.

Can't ever complain about a little extra.

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 02:27 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post

Glad I checked in and saw this

The promotions always have so many little details in the fine print, and then when there's more than one promotion going on at a time, I inevitably wind up misunderstanding at least one of them

So anybody Silver Star or over, received 1-3 tickets to a 'tourney' that's really a draw - and all we have to do is pick 1-3 of the 5 draws that we want to enter? Like we just click a button?

wow, I just checked in on my tourney tickets, and noticed that 16,384 people win prizes each day, and yesterday only 10,965 people entered, so everybody won a prize.

And every day of the cash draws has a different pay structure, so that's fun. And there's also two days of draws for WBCOOP tickets, but the play in those is over my skill level, so I'm just gonna try for the $5+

I've only got 1 ticket, so I may enter tomorrow's cash draw and hope for a $10!

Ovalman, it feels that way a lot for Zoom tables, like so many of the promotions don't include us, when the cash tables get the milestone hands every couple of months, and SNGs have BOTP. And then even for the 10th Anniversary, cash tables had a $2mil giveaway, and SNGs had $1mil, and Zoom got like $300k.

So, this particular 1 promotion of the VIP month promotion is maybe one that might tend to benefit more Zoom players than like SNG players who play the same amount, since we pay a TON of rake! But sometimes you guys seem to get cool stuff that we don't, so ... maybe everybody gets their turn at something cool? Hopefully?

GL everybody who's entered the draw!!

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 02:48 PM
(#7)
Sam the flipaments are not until September, I think there will be lots more players enter .

Last edited by 73REX73; Sat Aug 03, 2013 at 04:15 PM..

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 03:09 PM
(#8)
About those giveaway tournaments... It was not really clear to me either so I did a little research.

Quoting Brad Willis from Pokerstarsblog.com

"Over the next 31 days, PokerStars will run five tournaments that will give out more than $1 million in cash and World Championship of Online Poker tickets. These aren't tournaments, per se, but instead flipaments. You enter, are forced to go all in every hand, and see what happens."

Old
Mon Aug 05, 2013, 07:26 AM
(#9)
Since: Apr 2011
I read this promo re the five giveaway tournaments and thought it was unlike pokerstars to be so unclear on a promo. Now I read Sam's post I can see that it definitely is unclear!

Silverstar = 1 ticket, select which of the five tournaments you wish to enter and essentially it is a draw as everyone is forced all in every hand - you do not need to be logged in when the tourney plays out.

Happy hours make me happy, that they apply to zoom this time around makes me happier.

Old
Mon Aug 05, 2013, 11:18 AM
(#10)
Just finished playing my zoom 50NL 4 tables, but only for 20 minutes (I sleep late..lol) Played 406 hands for $125.84 profit and 113.45 Vpp's

Usually there's about 300 players, but during the Happy Hour there was 580 players. Players I've never seen before and what surprised me was all those 1 star with 1 table spewing chips. All I had to do, is play tight and wait for the ATM to pass by. Desperate players in need of Vpp's....lol

All this to say, play at stakes as per your bankroll, be patient and let the ATM players come to you.

Good luck all

Old
Mon Aug 05, 2013, 08:17 PM
(#11)
Since: Apr 2011
My happy hour looked a little different, I don't run like Sandtrap!
2 tables 25NL zoom for 45 minutes. Profit of $4.10 (only $18 below EV) and 52.5 VPPs.
Need to put in session that ends when happy hour ends as 250 players disappeared at end of hour - that is the drawback of happy hour and is worse of course at regular tables.

Old
5 tickets - Sat Aug 17, 2013, 10:03 AM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2011
I won my five tickets now let lady luck decide my fate
tired as hell though got to bed at 3am this morning after winning ticket 4 then up at 8.30 to play the 9am game to win ticket 5 which I got im pleased to say as out for a drink with family tonight if I can stay awake .
nice profit sandtrap.
good luck at the tables all.

jokerace68.

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 10:04 AM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2011
Well done profess awe also a profit is a profit in my book.
jokerace68

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com