Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder Thread!

Old
Bankroll Builder Thread! - Sat Aug 03, 2013, 05:08 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
Hello there. I would like to participate in the bankroll builder promotion!
I would also like to take this opportunity to let you know there is a typo on the page explaining the promotion.
"Once you have completed the Bankroll Builder promgram"

Thanks,

Old
Sat Aug 03, 2013, 05:19 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 04, 2013, 02:52 PM
(#3)
Hi supajoofly,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder Replay Analysis - Sun Aug 04, 2013, 04:55 PM
(#4)

Limp to see flop, hit middle pair, turn flush draw, hit my hand on river.
how should i have been bet sizing on each street?

I have completed all 3 steps

Last edited by supajoofly; Sun Aug 04, 2013 at 04:59 PM..

Old
Sun Aug 04, 2013, 06:58 PM
(#5)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 05, 2013, 02:27 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi supajoofly!

With a bad hand like 59s, when the opps all limp, I'm going to gladly check and see a free flop, as it's definitely not a strong enough hand to raise with.

I flop second pair and with this many opps in the hand, I need to check here as someone can easily have a Q and have me beat (or a 9 with a better kicker). If I did make a bet, I would need to size it based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture and second pair is not strong enough to make a pot-sized bet of 80 with. I want to be putting my chips into the pot when I'm most likely ahead, not when I'm behind.

The same thing on the turn and river. There are now more overcards that can beat me and I'm going to check both of these streets and go to showdown if the others check behind. If any of them bet, I need to fold. With 3 opps, I would need to bet 3/4 pot and with 2 opps, I would need to bet 2/3 pot and my hand is nowhere near strong enough to do so.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John(JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 05, 2013, 02:34 PM
(#7)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck! umbup

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder Replay Analysis + Betting Answers - Mon Aug 05, 2013, 10:11 PM
(#8)
1)

I limped on the call in order to present a weaker hand holding, hoping i would be able to get more people in the pot. I didn't go all-in until after the flop... should I have pushed all in pre-flop or would that have scared my opponent away with possible AA holding. i tried to maximize my value from all players in this hand and I would like to know what the correct moves would be in this scenario. thanks!

2)
- Apply pressure to your opponents
- Gain additional value from your hand.
- Bluff your opponent

3) --- I am still studying for the cash game quiz and will post back a reply once I make the grade.

built up to $8 then go bust playing AA 10 hands in a ROW. **deleted inappropriate content JWK24**

Last edited by JWK24; Mon Aug 05, 2013 at 11:48 PM.. Reason: **deleted JWK24**

Old
Mon Aug 05, 2013, 11:41 PM
(#9)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 06, 2013, 10:08 AM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi supajoofly! I'll analyse the hand in post #8.

You eventually got a good result in this hand, but I'm not keen on the way you played it. It's too much "fancy play syndrome" for me, and your line will not maximise profit in the long run. With KK in early position, the best play is to make a standard raise. Limping in risks attracting a string of callers with random hands, meaning your hand is much more likely to get cracked. The last thing you want with a big pair is a multiway pot. It's far better to be heads up, and the best way to get heads up is by coming in for a raise. As played, you limped and there was a call, followed by an isolation raise. Strangely, this raise is cold-called two players before the action is back on you. Raising is the right idea, because you do not want to see a flop with this many players. Your hand will lose if anyone hits an ace, or someone makes two pairs. Your raise is much too small. It's just a minraise, which gives great odds to callers. If they call and beat you, it would be your own fault for not charging more. A good size for a raise is three times the current bet, but I'd add more when the raise has already been called. One way of choosing a good size is to look at the size of the pot, shown at the top of the table. When the action is on you, the pot contains 36c, so a raise to at least 30c is in order. When you make it 18c, the original raiser has a bargain price to call of just 8c into a pot that is 52c. He could make a profitable call with these pot odds with any two cards! Fortunately for you, this opponent makes a proper raise and this forces out all the weaker hands. The pot is now 97c, which is more than half your stack. Since calling would mean you are pot-committed and cannot fold on the flop even if it comes ace high, the best play is to shove all in right now. Your opponent is similarly pot-committed, so will call off his stack. Given the action, he's likely to show QQ+ or AK. If he has aces, it's kind of a cooler and you just have to accept it. You decided to call and then you shoved the flop. Villain shows QQ, so you got it in good and held.
You got a great result in this hand, with a full double up, but I'd advise you to drop the limp-reraise play. You might think you're disguising the strength of your hand, but you're not. The best disguise is to raise the same amount whether you have AA or 76s. When you limp-reraise, observant villains will know exactly what you have (KK+), and they might even fold a hand as strong as QQ, which is the last thing you want. Avoid fancy plays like this. Take the straightforward line of making a standard raise to get value for your hand and to make it a mistake for worse hands to call.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Tue Aug 06, 2013 at 10:12 AM..

Old
Bankroll Builder Continuation - Cash Course Completed - Wed Aug 07, 2013, 04:36 AM
(#11)
I have finished stage 3 and passed the cash game course, I am prepared for the next stage of the promotion.

Old
Wed Aug 07, 2013, 06:46 AM
(#12)
thx

Old
Wed Aug 07, 2013, 11:40 AM
(#13)
Hi supajoofly,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
busto - Mon Aug 12, 2013, 10:02 PM
(#14)

i am ready to continue the rest of the bankroll builder. i only got 3(. something) vpp's

hand replay does not show me as hero? i am Villain in this replay with 10 8 hearts

Old
Mon Aug 12, 2013, 11:11 PM
(#15)

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 03:41 AM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi supajoofly,

I will be your Hand Analyzer for this hand.
I personally would have folded T8s even vs a limp. The problem is with a hand like T8s we need to be turning our hand into a bluff so often to show a profit mostly because we cannot count on TP hands to win at SD and its always hard to flop big with your 50bb stack size T8s becomes hard to play because 1) we don't have enough chips to play our hand aggressively quite often and 2) if we make a strong hand our implied odds only give us 50bb instead of 100bb
The rest of the hand played out straight forward, we're going with it given stack size (I would bet flop bigger closer to 0.2 and commit the rest obviously)

GL at the tables!

Old
--- - Tue Aug 13, 2013, 06:04 AM
(#17)
thanks, i am ready for the next part of the promotion

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 02:56 PM
(#18)
Hi supajoofly,

Since have lost your bankroll, and have had your losing hand analysed, your next bonus is on its way to you.

Good luck at the tables!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 06:37 PM
(#19)
is this the end of the bankroll promotion? or is there a final $2 instalment

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 10:57 PM
(#20)
Hi supajoofly,

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com