Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

6max 10nl zoom JJ on TsJsQ best line on flop? 3 way pot

Old
6max 10nl zoom JJ on TsJsQ best line on flop? 3 way pot - Mon Aug 05, 2013, 09:11 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
MP its playing 23/16/1,9AF 137 hands the BB 22/6/0,9 66 hands

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($10.11)
Hero (SB) ($16.90)
BB ($16.58)
UTG ($7.87)
MP ($13.91)
CO ($10)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
1 fold, MP raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30, BB calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.05) Q, 10, J (3 players)

So whats the best line preflop, also whats the plan if we lead and get raise or if we check-raise or check-call.

Old
Tue Aug 06, 2013, 03:07 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
Check-raising seems like the best line for me.
That's what you would do if you had a flush draw, combo draw, so villains might stack off with a lot worse.
I believe that KK, AA, and any Qx will bet that flop.
We don't want to see a spade, 9, K, or an A on the turn, which will either help our opponent or kill the action, so no check-call imo.
You could donk bet, but it will look too strong since it's a wet board and we probably aren't getting raised by a lot of hands, so we have to continue firing on any turn.

Last edited by GamblingProp; Tue Aug 06, 2013 at 03:10 AM..

Old
Tue Aug 06, 2013, 12:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi guys,

I actually prefer leading out. It doesn't look nearly as strong as check-raising imo as people typically donk lead with draws and 1 pair hands (to avoid giving free cards and "see where they're at"). While we might check-raise a combo draw in this spot it's also how everyone tends to play sets, so our flop check-raising range on this board texture is very strong (sets and big draws) while our donking range is far less defined and weaker (draws and 1 pairs/2 pairs, and weighted away from sets since villains expect those to check-raise a lot).

A couple other reasons leading is preferable to me... first it may trap the BB in between, if he's got a hand like AQ and we successfully check-raise he has a pretty easy fold imo, but by donking we put him in a sticky spot and give him a better chance to make a mistake. And, with it being a 3 way pot we can't count on MP to c-bet for us... he will often check back hands like AQ, maybe KQ, KJ, AJ, A8s... all stuff that we really don't want to give a free card to (not to mention it's a free card to 2 players not just him). He may even decided to check back AA or KK in position on such a coordinated board to avoid being check-raised.

I would lead, and plan to fire again on any non A/K/9 turn. If we get raised on the flop, I think reraising is ok and am generally willing to stack off. The only concerns are AK and QQ but while QQ is our disaster scenario I think a villain will also stack off TT here so those 2 are sort of a wash... and we can still draw out on AK. We get stacks in vs. enough worse hands to compensate for stacking bad vs. AK imo... AA/KK/KQ are all candidates to possibly run with us.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 06, 2013, 04:50 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
Thanks Dave, glad i did lead out and got it in, not very happy about the result lol.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com