Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max Zoom - Did I make a mistake with villain's implied odds on a flush draw

Old
10NL 6-max Zoom - Did I make a mistake with villain's implied odds on a flush draw - Tue Aug 06, 2013, 12:53 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Hi this is one of those maths things I don't understand, From mine and the villain's point of view.

So no reads at a zoom table but...

Did I make a mistake with the implied odds on a flush draw against my KK.

Opponent has two overs, 2nd nut flush and a gutter and you can see the hand. I didn't know that at the time. So on the flop do I stack off 100% of the time?

Old
Tue Aug 06, 2013, 02:51 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
This is almost a flip but you are ahead 2-3%.
If villain check raises that much you can't really cold call because you are becoming committed so stacking off seems pretty standard, if you put villain on a flush draw, combo draw.
If I was villain I would call, but by 3-betting he makes you fold any non-pair overcards so it is profitable for him to do that.

Last edited by GamblingProp; Tue Aug 06, 2013 at 02:54 AM..

Old
Tue Aug 06, 2013, 11:46 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Forrest,

With a low stack to pot ratio created by the preflop action I think this is a stack off with KK unless our villain is a real nit (no reads though) and thus will be heavily weighted towards sets, but even without a read we can assume this isn't the case since a nit may not raise/call small pairs preflop (although if he did open for a raise here, he would probably call since P1 called as well).

From villains perspective, he is trying to make you fold misses like AK and win right now (not a bad result, the pot contains 42BB's after your c-bet), and when he gets called he still has good equity as your range here is largely JJ+, which he's actually a slight fav against, 50.4%. IF you would 3B preflop with AQs (which is questionable to assume since you're unknown to him) then your stack off range also includes AhQh which cuts him to a small dog equity wise for stacks but adds 3 more card combos that fold to the check/raise, so it's not a big concern.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 06, 2013, 01:23 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2011
Thanks TheLangolier and GamblingProp,

It's my bad I don't see all combos in my hand reading of a villain. Quite polarized thinking am I beat now, AA or set as 2 pair raising utg 76 unlikely, or is it one of those draws that villains shove with.

The times I call they seem to hit that flush or oesd every time. And when I do it... I miss. The equity on both sides is not easily apparent to me.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com