Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6-max Zoom KK

Old
5NL 6-max Zoom KK - Tue Aug 06, 2013, 01:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain is unkown.
The river is a check fold or a check call ?
a lot of his range hits the river, so I decided to check fold

Thanks

Old
Tue Aug 06, 2013, 02:26 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fp,

I don't hate a check/fold here as he will probably check down Jx, so it's probably slightly better than a check/call, but tbh I don't think either are close to the optimal play... which I think is to bet/fold.

Villain is not unknown (back to reads again ). We have seen him play this hand, and I think need to incorporate that into our river assessment. Villain limp/calls UTG and calls flop and turn, he is probably somewhat loose-passive. Sure this isn't any kind of rock solid read, but it's far more likely than he's doing something elaborately tricky so we should go with it to help make the best possible decision. Obviously some straights get there and the flush gets there, J9 gets there. He's probably raises a river bet with the flush and straights, so we can comfortably fold. He probably calls with Jx, so we get value from worse hands when winning (instead of allowing him a free showdown which he will probably gladly take with Jx). There's got to be more worse 1 pairs on the river than flushes or straights, so bet again for value and comfortably fold to a raise. $1.05 is about right here imo, as it will always get paid by Jx, and is small enough to draw her calls from worse 1 pair hands like T9 or A8.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 06, 2013, 04:03 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
I would rather bet a small amount/fold river.
If you check you leave room for him to bluff with smaller pairs, AcX.
As played you must fold river most of the times.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com