Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

STEP at a TIME

Old
STEP at a TIME - Tue Aug 06, 2013, 02:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
SilverStar
I have personally always seen the STEP SATELLITES a very interesting way to make it into the higher buyin tourneys .Primary reason for this being satelliting into big events mostly one has to register into a TURBO sat which at the end of it becomes a 5BB game.And as the FISH i am i generally try avoiding very deep as well as very short stack spots in tourneys(don't know hw i always end up KK vs AA 8BB deep lol jk).

Am gradually trying to learn tourneys with help of my national poker community as well as reading around.I perfectly understand that incomplete information can be dangerous to ones bankroll as well as time so i thought to put it out here to get the general consensus about STEPS.

I am also well aware that these STEP SATS if qualified through give entry only tickets to high buyin tourneys say STEP 4 215$ event,Events in which i KNOW i have no EDGE in ,if ever i had an edge in an 5$ buyin.But call it work of "idle mind is a DEVILS WORKSHOP" and having no Laptop with me to grind these days has left me all about thoughts of what to do when i get it back from service.Ya 7 days seems more like an year to me (facepalm) .

Does a STEP 1 100BI shot seems logical/profitable.Moving up after finishing all the 100 Step 1 BI.I myself have played the MICRO 1 table SNG's a bit.STEPS have been starting to get a bit of volume lately with WCOOP round the corner and to gain some knowledge i railed 4 7.5$ STEP 1's and a few higher buyin Steps too.Step 1 I will say i was a bit surprised to see plays that i would not even see in a 1.5$ 9 man and I don't mean the good plays.The think which even more interests me is the payouts in the higher STEP levels.

Would love to know what you all here at PSO think.

Old
Tue Aug 06, 2013, 04:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
I have a little experience on those and I must say they are profitable to play on the first 2 levels, but they get tougher and tougher as the steps progress.
I wouldn't recommend to any novice STT player playing those.
If you feel you have an edge on medium stakes STT's you can definitely grind them.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com