Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder - ShPini

Old
Bankroll Builder - ShPini - Tue Aug 06, 2013, 04:45 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
WhiteStar
Hi There - I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promo!
Pini

Old
Wed Aug 07, 2013, 01:28 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 07, 2013, 01:41 AM
(#3)
Hi ShPini,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck! umbup

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
A hand and a question - Sun Aug 25, 2013, 08:25 AM
(#4)
WhiteStar
Hi there umbup,
Sorry for the long time, I wasn't able to play in the time that passed!
I did the three things that you said I should.

Here is a hand I won. I'm not sure if I did everything correctly, if such a thing exsists. I'm trying to become more aggressive since I am a little too passive, and that leads me to being behind in tornaments I play.
I will explain my moves in the hand:
I open pocket 7s and had 400 chips, so I bet around 7% of my money ~30. I felt the two players before just called and might be weak. One player joined me to the flop and had position on me, so I decided I should be aggressive and not let him play me instead of the cards. I flopped a 3rd pair which I didn't like but thought that unless the other player has a queen he will break if I raise an almost pot sized bet - he didn't. So when the ace came I shot another bullet as if saying I flopped a set and you didn't go out the first chance you had... that worked I think because of the over agression of the 200 chips bet.
Am I doing aggression correctly? Is my mindset in the right place?

Link:

Thanks!
Pini

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 08:55 AM
(#5)
WhiteStar
BTW - I play almost every day now, so from now on I can be much faster with answering and such.
ShPini

Old
Sun Aug 25, 2013, 09:51 AM
(#6)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 01:57 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShPini View Post
Hi there umbup,
Sorry for the long time, I wasn't able to play in the time that passed!
I did the three things that you said I should.

Here is a hand I won. I'm not sure if I did everything correctly, if such a thing exsists. I'm trying to become more aggressive since I am a little too passive, and that leads me to being behind in tornaments I play.
I will explain my moves in the hand:
I open pocket 7s and had 400 chips, so I bet around 7% of my money ~30. I felt the two players before just called and might be weak. One player joined me to the flop and had position on me, so I decided I should be aggressive and not let him play me instead of the cards. I flopped a 3rd pair which I didn't like but thought that unless the other player has a queen he will break if I raise an almost pot sized bet - he didn't. So when the ace came I shot another bullet as if saying I flopped a set and you didn't go out the first chance you had... that worked I think because of the over agression of the 200 chips bet.
Am I doing aggression correctly? Is my mindset in the right place?

Link:

Thanks!
Pini
Hi ShPini!

Aggression is good and an important part of poker, but we need to know how and when to use it. In general at play money and 2NL, we can play very straight forward betting/raising our strong hands for value. This works well because so many players will call with weaker hands. The opposite is also true. Don't bluff! It isn't necessary at the lower levels and doesn't always work either because players don't fold so easily. So, typically you will need to have the best hand at the showdown.

Were with 77 opening with a raise is fine. I would suggest sticking to the standard 3bb plus 1 bb for each limper, making it 10 here. With so many possible overcards to your 7s, postflop play becomes tough all the times we miss our set. Calling, then folding if you don't flop a set would also be fine.

Your flop c-bet looks good and is sized nicely. On the turn, barreling again is dangerous. Ax hands are the type of hands many players call with and stick around with on missed boards. This makes your bet basically a bluff. Hopefully all the non-ace hands in your villain's range will fold. I strongly advise against betting larger than the pot though. Firstly, it leaves you with too little behind for a significant bet on the river if necessary. Secondly, if the A scares the villain, he will fold to a smaller bet as well. If I were to bet I would make it about 50% of hte pot. Finally, making large bets gets you value owned here. All the hands you are beating will fold, and only the hands beating you will continue. This means we lose big pots when we do lose. We want to do the opposite in poker. Lose small pots and win big ones.

Im glad this one went your way though

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 06:00 PM
(#8)
WhiteStar
Wow, thanks Roland.
I thought I had a problem with the bet sizing... I'm not as good with that as I want to be (I will work hard!).
Your notes are great!

GL HF

Old
Mon Aug 26, 2013, 06:02 PM
(#9)
WhiteStar
Wow, thanks Roland.
I thought I had a problem with the bet sizing... I'm not as good with that as I want to be (I will work hard!).
Your notes are great!

GL HF

Old
Tue Aug 27, 2013, 01:12 AM
(#10)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 28, 2013, 07:57 AM
(#11)
WhiteStar
Hi there,
The answer is:
-For value - winning a bigger pot.
-When putting on pressure.
-When protecting strong hands against possible stronger draws.

Here is a hand I played and wanted to know about the agro play here. The reason for the agro is that I felt like the raising player on the button just wanted to get the blinds (he was pretty loose before that hand). The bet was big in order to put pressure on the pre flop raiser that checked post flop...

It says I already passed the cash game quiz, so we are good there
(I think I followed almost all the written courses...)

Cheers,
ShPini

Old
Wed Aug 28, 2013, 12:20 PM
(#12)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 07:50 AM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShPini View Post
Hi there,
The answer is:
-For value - winning a bigger pot.
-When putting on pressure.
-When protecting strong hands against possible stronger draws.

Here is a hand I played and wanted to know about the agro play here. The reason for the agro is that I felt like the raising player on the button just wanted to get the blinds (he was pretty loose before that hand). The bet was big in order to put pressure on the pre flop raiser that checked post flop...

It says I already passed the cash game quiz, so we are good there
(I think I followed almost all the written courses...)

Cheers,
ShPini
Hi ShPini!

I'm glad you posted your thoughts here. It helps me to help you

So, the btn is loose aggressive and you think he is stealing lightly. What do you know about the big blind? He has a big stack. What was your plan if he calls behind? Bluffing two opponents is tough. Also, A8o is a tricky hand to play because you will be unsure if your kicker is good. Normally, I just fold these hands and wait for better spots. I would call as you did with A10+ or A2s through A5s. I would call from the bb with A8o though.

As played, you lead out on the flop. That is fine. You will normally win the pot, but what do you do if the villain calls or raises? Another option may be to check-raise the flop. You assumed you were ahead of his range preflop. And you assumed you were still ahead on the flop since you lead out. If this is correct, then why not let the villain c-bet all his range on the flop. Then you can raise forcing him to fold. This may have won you an extra bet

This is kind of advanced thinking, but it is good to get familiar with it if you are going to be playing based on the villain's expected range rather than your own cards as you did in this hand.

Keep at it! You are moving in the right direction

Roland GTX

Old
Fri Aug 30, 2013, 07:40 PM
(#14)
Hi ShPini,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 01, 2013, 10:30 AM
(#15)
WhiteStar
Hi Joss,
The bonus did not reach me yet... I'm currently on my way to 10VPP with the last bonus (now at 7+).
Thanks,
ShPini

Old
Mon Sep 02, 2013, 12:43 PM
(#16)
Hi ShPini,

Apparently, your cash quiz has not yet been passed. It is a mandatory course and the next bonus will not go through until that happens.

Please let us know when you have passed this course and we can proceed from there.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 04, 2013, 08:38 AM
(#17)
WhiteStar
Hi Joss,
This is weird... it said I already passed it.
Anyhow - I just passed it now to make things right.
Thanks,
Pini

Old
Wed Sep 04, 2013, 12:56 PM
(#18)
Hi ShPini,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Wed Sep 04, 2013 at 10:32 PM..

Old
Wed Sep 04, 2013, 05:23 PM
(#19)
WhiteStar
Cool thanks!
BTW - I don't know if the problem is on my end, but the video you attached cuts off at around 6:07.
ShPini

Old
Thu Sep 05, 2013, 06:09 AM
(#20)
WhiteStar
Done - I'm now at 11 FPPs

Turned the last 2$ into 7$
Love those ZOOM tables...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com