Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10nl 6max zoom flop trips weak kicker on a wet flop got min cr

Old
10nl 6max zoom flop trips weak kicker on a wet flop got min cr - Tue Aug 06, 2013, 05:03 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
sb, seems recreational playing 50/33/1.7AF 12 hands

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

Hero (Button) ($16.26)
SB ($12.37)
BB ($10)
UTG ($4.34)
MP ($11.86)
CO ($5.39)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9, 10
2 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.35, 2 folds

Flop: ($1) 10, 10, J (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.75, SB raises to $1.50

Total pot: $2.50

Results below:
Click to show hidden text

Should i stack off on the flop?

Old
Tue Aug 06, 2013, 11:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Carlos,

I guess you're asking if the best play is to 3b this and stack off to a 4b from the villain? Not sure what else you mean by should I stack this off on the flop (I also don't get your hidden texts, they never show anything for me except "Hero didn't show" and "SB didn't show"... did you fold?)

I don't think getting stacks in on the flop in a 3b/4b/5b war is optimal, although against a recreational player I would do it. But he might be making a move here with just a jack sometimes and that won't stack off imo, so our 3b folds out any low equity hands in his range and only gets stack action from higher equity hands.

I would probably call here, which leaves some doubt about our holding and will encourage more action from hands on a draw or Jx that thinks it might be good. And we have position so we can choose to bet the turn if checked to, or call/raise turn at our discretion.

Our hand is too strong to fold to a check-raise from a seemingly laggy recreational player here imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 07, 2013, 12:40 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
I just cut the converted hand where i need help, don't really know why it shows any hidden results, will check the format code next time...

You got it right, i was asking if we should 3bet and call an all in.. i did that and im realizing it was a mistake..

If you just call, what do you do on two blanks, if he keeps firing ?

Thanks Dave.

Old
Wed Aug 07, 2013, 01:58 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
If blanks turn and river fire a bet out you have the best hand on the flop make them pay to draw to any flush or st.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com