Hands I hate to see played...

Old
Angry
Hands I hate to see played... - Tue Aug 06, 2013, 06:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
ChromeStar
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

I wasn't in this hand, from a play money tourney, but this is one of many donkey-rolling hands I have either seen in action or played against during this year. And it really makes my blood boil.

Here, You'll see I have ace 7 offsuit, which I decide I'm going to fold; I'm low stacked, and I know I have a very slim chance of htting anything on the flop or the rest of the board. Also, because the player to my right raises to 1200. I fold, so do the SB and the BB, a call, all in, and 2 more calls.
The flop is Jc, Kd, 6c; no help to anyone. UTG1 checks, there is a min bet by the player on my right, and UTG1 folds. TO THE SHOWDOWN.
(clockwise) A4 OFF SUIT VS Q8 SUITED. Apart from it being a suited hand, I wonder why this play is playing his hand so strongly. The turn is the 9h, giving the player to my right a gut shot straight draw, but no real improvement against Ace high, and it's a slim chance of picking up a 10 for the straight.
Finally the river, where a queen comes down, a late pair to the player on my right.

It angers me over this type of play, because there are a lot of GOOD, EXCELLENT players getting done by this sort of DONKEY play.

Your thoughts anyone?

Last edited by waikato08; Tue Aug 06, 2013 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: I uploaded the wrong hand info. Sorry

Old
Tue Aug 06, 2013, 06:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
If everyone played well we would make less money

Old
Tue Aug 06, 2013, 07:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
I note the Q8s hand is in position, and for villain 1 has the added bonus of making your blood boil.

A far worse play is the limp with 2bb you give noone the option of folding to let you have the pot uncontested. The strong play of Q8s is its strong against a limping range of hands

Why get mad a bout villains playing bad that's very narrow, short term thinking, long term if you make less mistakes than them you will end up the winner.

You also have under 4 bbs soon. If it had not been raised i would have shoved my A7 all in and if the villain had shown he was raising light I would have shoved after his minraise.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Tue Aug 06, 2013 at 07:09 PM..

Old
Wed Aug 07, 2013, 01:22 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to better fitting forum JWK24**

Two of the most prevalent notes that I have on players... plays any A.. plays any 2 suited cards. Anyone that gets one, also gets a green tag (ATM machine). If you don't want this type of player at your table, please send them to mine, as it's free chips for everyone else.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 09, 2013, 05:10 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by waikato08 View Post
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

I wasn't in this hand, from a play money tourney, but this is one of many donkey-rolling hands I have either seen in action or played against during this year. And it really makes my blood boil.

Here, You'll see I have ace 7 offsuit, which I decide I'm going to fold; I'm low stacked, and I know I have a very slim chance of htting anything on the flop or the rest of the board. Also, because the player to my right raises to 1200. I fold, so do the SB and the BB, a call, all in, and 2 more calls.
The flop is Jc, Kd, 6c; no help to anyone. UTG1 checks, there is a min bet by the player on my right, and UTG1 folds. TO THE SHOWDOWN.
(clockwise) A4 OFF SUIT VS Q8 SUITED. Apart from it being a suited hand, I wonder why this play is playing his hand so strongly. The turn is the 9h, giving the player to my right a gut shot straight draw, but no real improvement against Ace high, and it's a slim chance of picking up a 10 for the straight.
Finally the river, where a queen comes down, a late pair to the player on my right.

It angers me over this type of play, because there are a lot of GOOD, EXCELLENT players getting done by this sort of DONKEY play.

Your thoughts anyone?

Personally there can never be enough/too many of these type of players for my liking. Spewers who play any Ace or any 2 suited cards for stacks are some of the easiest source of chips/money that there is on a table. Why would you want less or even none of them?

As for them winning hands occasionally...this is a GOOD THING!!!

Why?

Simple...it reinforces the fallacy,in their little dunderheads,that these are good plays by them. Ergo they will continue to make them and that's how we get paid. We're never going to win 100% of the time when we go up against these pinheads,but I'll gladly play as many hands as possible against players whom I know I'm likely to be 70% or better against most of the time, just by playing a reasonable TAG selection of hands.

If they never won they may actually wise up and start learning how to play. They win hands like these and it burns into them their false presumption that luck is a much more prevalent factor in the outcome on a poker table than it really is. Si if they didn't get the odd suck out they may stop believing that and start studying,learning and improving.

Or even worse---Stop Playing.

THAT would truly suck.

Old
Wed Aug 14, 2013, 07:23 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2012
lol well put moxie,

i hate it when these players do these sort of plays and people at the table are telling em how bad it is and trying to teach them to play better, lol i dont get that, they will regret it when they start to listen to them and take their money

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com