Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL FR, 86s in BTN, general feedback

Old
2NL FR, 86s in BTN, general feedback - Wed Aug 07, 2013, 06:23 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
Hi.
Need some general feedback on how I played this hand.

Villain is 47/7 (16 hands).

Old
Wed Aug 07, 2013, 11:29 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
I'd shove turn but i'm not sure how the 2nl games play.

River call is fine given the action.

Old
Wed Aug 07, 2013, 05:13 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi DrJev,

Against loose-passive villains like this I generally don't like to semi-bluff, because the bluff component is so low, but they often make passive type mistakes that allow us to draw cheaply and then still pay us of when we get there.

That being said, the donk bet of the minimum is so weak, I'm not opposed to the flop raise. I doubt he's folding but it's no different really from if we'd c-bet, will often buy us a free turn card if we want one, and fattens the pot a bit to facilitate getting the rest of his stack if we make the straight.

Turn call is fine. River is close imo... he clearly has improved on this river card but I think he would take this action with worse hands than just the back door flush... at the very least all his 6x holdings. He won't fold if we set him all in, so it's probably slightly +EV on his last .22c but it's thin as he may just check-call all 2 pairs on this board and only bet 6's or flushes. So call is fine as well obv.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com