Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

QQ against 3bet

Old
QQ against 3bet - Wed Aug 07, 2013, 07:26 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hello,
V3 is call station with VP70 ,that's why I raised to 5bb's, I was sure he would call it with hole of his hand range V9 3 bet but it's too small and I thought that's there's no KK+. just thought that he might provoke me to 4bet or it's just to take initiative and cbet on a flop with weak hands. I cant range V3, but V9's hand range is something like 99+,AQs or 88+ AJs. I did 4bet as I didn't want to play hand in a 3 way pot without initiative. I decided to c/f any flop, any turn with K or A. on the flop he shoved first in so I removed all sets from his hand range, it was so clear that he would shove on any flop . My 4bet size is small I think but other way it would be too big. and I didn't pay attention to V3's call there, he might call there even with JT. Did I play it wrong ? what would you suggest to play it?
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Last edited by Shichi-77; Wed Aug 07, 2013 at 07:51 AM..

Old
Wed Aug 07, 2013, 11:33 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Preflop is fine. Any stats/reads on villains?

I'm only worried about V9's shove. V3 is an easy call off.

I'd probably level myself into calling given the odds we are getting, but i wouldn't be happy about it. Given the action of V9, we can assume he's a bad player, so i'd include a spew factor in calling.

Old
Wed Aug 07, 2013, 12:58 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
This can go either way I feel, and I'm usually inclined to call more at micros than to fold especially in big pots like these. The potential mistake you can be making by laying down a big hand like that is too huge.

Villain 9's line looks quite strong and he probably isn't bluffing into the 2 of you. I would make this heavily dependant on how good/tight/loose/aggro I perceive villain 9. In case he might be a recreational player or a weaker regular I think you can call here. If he's extremely tight and it's likely he wants to trap pre to drag the weaker villain 3 along you could fold - but in that case the 4bet pre is probably likely to be not optimal (as you would be pinpointing him to KK/AA).

Live Trainer

Old
Wed Aug 07, 2013, 01:11 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
This can go either way I feel, and I'm usually inclined to call more at micros than to fold especially in big pots like these. The potential mistake you can be making by laying down a big hand like that is too huge.

Villain 9's line looks quite strong and he probably isn't bluffing into the 2 of you. I would make this heavily dependant on how good/tight/loose/aggro I perceive villain 9. In case he might be a recreational player or a weaker regular I think you can call here. If he's extremely tight and it's likely he wants to trap pre to drag the weaker villain 3 along you could fold - but in that case the 4bet pre is probably likely to be not optimal (as you would be pinpointing him to KK/AA).
Thanks a lot
they where week players , V9 shoved AJo : V3 22

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com