Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

I do have the power to not let it end like this!

Old
I do have the power to not let it end like this! - Wed Aug 07, 2013, 05:07 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
I have not played, I have read peoples posts.

I listen and I hear.

I decided not to end it like this. I do not just mean poker.

I mean my whole life situation, sitting around like some idol bum, with delusions of WSOP bracelets, smoking dope 24/7 ,with very little sleep, poor diet and major lack of ambition in all circles of life.

So where and how could holdemace turn his life around?.

I started today at 4 a.m, travelling over 200 miles to Brighton,a south of England town, a 5 hour journey, to repair and paint a ceiling.

I then took another 5 hours to travel home.

Next week I travel to Inverness, a very northern town of Scotland, again to do some painting. I will be staying there for a week.

Yes you have guessed it, I am back working doing what I do best
I am finally in profit with the most preferred choice of people, employment.

I have been working for several month now.

So.............

Quiet night in some over night stay, what does a person do?

Well poker springs to mind...

Wi-fi available so arghhhh,

So a honest question,
If I was to reload, what would be an ideal amount for some good poker fun within a short time frame, <meaning I have no money issues and can easily afford to reload but will be limited to time due to work commitment?

P.S I will be playing on the sole intention of not caring whether or not I win, it is just a boredom filler from now on that is still cheaper than alcohol for fun.

Last edited by holdemace486; Sat Aug 10, 2013 at 03:13 PM..

Old
Wed Aug 07, 2013, 08:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
$10 per session

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 10, 2013, 03:15 PM
(#3)
thx B , what would you spend it on meaning format?

Old
Sat Aug 10, 2013, 05:40 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
If your idea is to kill time, save your wallet. Upload the dot-net version and challenge the donks. There are plenty of ring games, tourneys, and SNG to sate your taste. Best of all, when you go busted, a quick click and you're back in the black.

I would ask you to join the old hedgehog in his play money challenge, but I'm guessing that's beneath your contempt.

FOR - EVER - TON

Old
Sat Aug 10, 2013, 06:34 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2010
Ace

There are two things here.

1) How much do you want to invest - spend on poker fun - lose it all nae bother - cheaper than booze or cinema or whatever hey - and might win some. Not proper bankroll management - but I don't do that either - so first set a limit for your spend.

2) The games you want to play - divide your spend amount to suit - easy - then time is a big factor. I love slow structured MTTs that go on for hours. If I don't have the time I play STTs or cash. I suck at cash but I enjoy it. So I play with low expectations and usually achieve them. Point is pick your game type.

Then just play your best - every hand - and see how you roll.

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 10, 2013, 07:01 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2013
I would suggest the time tournaments which last from 15-30-60 min.
Now those tournaments can be found at any stakes, but in my opinion play the micro-low stakes until you feel comfortable playing higher.

Old
Sat Aug 10, 2013, 07:17 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
thx B , what would you spend it on meaning format?

You were doing well at the 25cent 45 man games and seem to enjoy them so i would go with those.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Great advice as always guys. - Sun Aug 11, 2013, 06:43 AM
(#8)
Thank you all for the great advice and giving me food for thought.
I would happily join you Cairn in play money games, but time will not be on my side and I would not want to let you down by saying yes then not having the time mate.

Thank you B, I have considered 45 mans, but I need a format that I can just click exit on as I will no doubt be tired from work commitment doing 15 hr days at times.

Thank you ED, Yes STT's or cash are the best for time issues.

I decided to have my first flirt at the tables last night making a $15 deposit on consideration of your advice from what you all have put.

I split my $15 into 3 shots at 5-10c nlhe.

I only needed the first buy in of $5, I doubled my role within two games at $5.

I now have about $30 lol, nice start.

On your advice I will now split that into 6 buyins, although I have a day off today so may be tempted into a MTT.

The one thing I must not do is over play, meaning not to play to much, this is apparently obvious that this is a downfall in my game playing for fun or seriously.

I am working from tomorrow a 14 day continued run, pffff, hopefully I can grab an hr or two at nights when sitting in my hotel room.

GL all cya soon.

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 11:11 AM
(#9)
Hi hold'em ace if you are planning on going the cash game route then why not try crushing the 2 nl tables your $15 is good for 7 full buy ins or 15 halfs if you go that route.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 01:54 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
Hi hold'em ace if you are planning on going the cash game route then why not try crushing the 2 nl tables your $15 is good for 7 full buy ins or 15 halfs if you go that route.

Grade b
Thx B, your advice is good advice, but I do not intend to use any BR management, just looking to let off steam after a hard day...I will split it up but more likely into 3 attempts at something quick.

You are correct my money would serve me better if I did stick to BR management.

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 02:15 PM
(#11)
Hey holdem,

If you're not going to bother with bankroll management, then why bother us with questions and asking for our advice?

Just play any game at any stakes, no need to bother learning, attending training or taking advice, as it won't matter, since you'll be doing what ever pleases you.

When the day comes, when you really want to learn and make profit from this game, but mainly, the day you intend to be serious about poker, then let us know.

But remember the story about the kid that cried wolf, at one point we will stop believing you and we wont care. (PS. we're almost there)

GL

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com