Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL 25 Zoom: C-bet with AKo in 3-bet pot on pretty bad board structure?

Old
NL 25 Zoom: C-bet with AKo in 3-bet pot on pretty bad board structure? - Thu Aug 08, 2013, 04:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
Hi,

the UTG-villain seemed reggy, on the SB villain I only had 36 hands and he played 14/3 so far.

always feels a bid awkward to just give up after threebetting in thoose spots especially vs a villain who looks a bit fishy and might call my threebet to wide.

Old
Thu Aug 08, 2013, 05:39 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi almighty,

I would usually go slightly larger pre-flop given the bet sizing: 3.25$ - 3.5$

Against a TAG open from UTG, I usually prefer a call with AK even though we are OOP because we get to keep his range wide. By 3betting we tighten his continuation range which is usually very tight to start with and we start to cooler ourselves whenever we are going all in with AK vs UTG (again its player dependent; make sure you check your positional stats on your villains)

Isolating against the fish here is okay I think. So going to your main question about checking back this flop, I personally like it for the clear reason: What better hands fold? What worse hands call?
Our hand has SD value especially against a fishy player and by checking back this flop we keep worse Aces in his range. Another way to go might be to cbet small OTF and look to barrel scare cards, might be expensive in a 3bet pot though and on this board texture and a sticky opponent.

GL at the tables!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com