Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

AQs on a button

Old
AQs on a button - Fri Aug 09, 2013, 05:56 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hi,
V6 is unknown . Is fold right play there, board was dry I think and couldn't thought what hand might play that way that I beat and I think it's bad game to catch his bluff there , I just think there won't be a lot of bluffs.
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Fri Aug 09, 2013, 06:02 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
He's repping such a narrow range when he shoves. It's literally 8s or 5s because Qs are unlikely because of the action pre and our blocker.

Given this i'd probably call, but it's pretty close. We also have the backdoor NF draw and an A which is probably a clean 2 pair out if he has Q8 85 etc

Last edited by birdayy; Fri Aug 09, 2013 at 06:04 AM..

Old
Fri Aug 09, 2013, 06:18 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
He's repping such a narrow range when he shoves. It's literally 8s or 5s because Qs are unlikely because of the action pre and our blocker.

Given this i'd probably call, but it's pretty close. We also have the backdoor NF draw and an A which is probably a clean 2 pair out if he has Q8 85 etc
wouldn't it be hero call because of pot odds ?

Old
Fri Aug 09, 2013, 07:10 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2013
Surely it would be a hero call. I would agree that there's hardly QQ cause of the preflop action and his stack size. All-in on flop looks like a monkey play, so if he had a QQ he would have at least reraised at preflop, especially when he had like 63BB stack. This looks like lower pocket pairs like 55/88 also 'cause of his "recreated" check-raise. I don't thing he'd have called on pre if he had 85 unless he's like a call station/limper. At the end I would say that if you had no stats on this player then the fold is a good option especially having this kind of pot odds.

Old
Fri Aug 09, 2013, 08:28 AM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2013
Flatting from the cuttoff his range will include a lot of small and medium pocket pairs. Unless you have a read on him as a maniac, he will usually only ever have pocket 8s or pocket 5s here. Also a strong possibility he check-raised 67s as a semi bluff (his sizing suggests he really wants a fold), or possibly 58s but that would be a pretty loose call preflop and I think he could slowplay that hand on this board, or reraise to a standard 2.5x-3x as he would want a call here. Overall, without a read on him this is a snap fold - price is too great. Against a standard 3x reraise I think folding is also fine especially against and unknown, calling is also plausible but you want to proceed with caution and possibly fold to continued aggression on the turn and not face a difficult spot on the river with an inflated pot and medium strength hand like tptk.

Last edited by pockettones; Fri Aug 09, 2013 at 08:31 AM..

Old
Fri Aug 09, 2013, 09:53 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Schichi

The guys kinda sum it up here pretty well.
The board is pretty dry, so I'm not sure what villain is x/shoving with here. Shoving with a set here is bad imo since it will give a Qx hand a chance to fold.

I think a Qx would be betting the flop so his hand looks like a 76, 88, 55, Q8s and the occasional slow played AA/KK - Against that range we have 40% equity

We have to call 9.36 to win 23.28 so 9.36/23.28 = 40%
Adding AQ to his range will only improve our equity by 2% BUT if we take out 76o and only keep 76s in his range then our equity drops down to 31% - This one's pretty close and I might even feel inclined to fold just because I don't have information on our villain.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com