Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

AA on a BB (slow play)

Old
AA on a BB (slow play) - Fri Aug 09, 2013, 03:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hello,
Decided to slow play AA there, because his F3b was 100 and it would see to scary 3 betting UTG's raise from BB. His VP16/PR14/3b10(78), didn't see him doing stupid things.C/R him for a value (I don't like my c/r sizing it's terrible , but it's done), of course I didn't think about folding there, but I thought that if I call and one spade comes all action will die.
If I shove we are enough deepstack, but I'm ahead to his hand range ,to flop flush is so small chance, there might be sets but I might outdraw him. because of slow play he doesn't know strengths of my hand and might overplay his pairs but after such action I don't have FE . any comments are welcomed I deserved critic
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Sat Aug 10, 2013, 07:26 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2013
I thing you should have played pre-flop more aggressively, cause you've got a monster hand and slowplaying aces is not good. But look's like a nuts(well almost nuts) for me most likely its KsJs(according to his 3-bet pre-flop) but I mean you should also have a stats on his post-flop aggression factor, cause if its high then he could be protecting his pocket QQ turning his hand into a bluff but I guess the flush is more likely to be here. Anyway, I think your fold was the best thing to do here having the pot odds and the fact that he would 3 barrel bet you.

Last edited by Kemmio; Sat Aug 10, 2013 at 07:36 AM..

Old
Sat Aug 10, 2013, 11:51 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Shichi,

I do think we should 3b pre. We could size it a tad smaller than normal so we don't put undue pressure on a tighter player who folds to 3-bets a lot... but the thing is given his play and position of UTG here, he's probably got a pretty strong range already, so we want to get more money in now as he should be able to call more action. Like we don't have to go a full 3x his bet to 1.44 here, we could make it something like 1.23 which gives him room to 4b sometimes too.

As played, I like check-raising bigger here, maybe 2.20-2.40. Or check-call planning to lead on any non-spade turn card.

And as played, I don't think we should fold to his flop 3b. It does look very strong, but he may well play some worse hands this way, in particular the other 2 aces, and KK with the Ks. And we have 11 outs against QQ to catch an ace or spade. Our equity against that range is actually about 65%:

Board: Qs 4s 2s
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 64.675% 60.13% 04.55% 4167 315.00 { AhAs }
Hand 1: 35.325% 30.78% 04.55% 2133 315.00 { AA, KcKs, KdKs, KhKs, QQ }

We're such a good favorite here because his primary hands to do this, one we have 11 outs against so still 35% equity, and the other one we are destroying as he's drawing dead to 2 outs and we have redraws that make him draw stone dead. If he happens to be out of line with AQ or making an aggressive move with AxKs once in a while, that only adds to our equity as we're crushing all those hands. Since I think there's little chance he's bluffing and he can't get away from KxKs here, putting him all in isn't bad imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 02:57 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
Yeah I don't hate anything with this hand, you can 3 bet pre, you can check-raise smaller or bigger on the flop.
Though I think a check call is more appropriate on that spot and let him hang himself on the turn or river.

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 04:33 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2012
Thanks , I shoved OTF, he shoved 8s7s but I caught NF OTT. I made big mistake slow playing AA PF , I was just lucky in this spot.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com