Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | | - Sat Aug 10, 2013, 12:38 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
Hi - I'm new to Poker School Online and I would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Sat Aug 10, 2013, 12:52 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooosh View Post
Hi - I'm new to Poker School Online and I would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 08:10 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 10:18 AM
(#4)

In this hand villain 8 had just posted a big blind to join the table, checked round to me, so I get a free look at the flop. Two pair, so I wanted to bet just over 50% of the pot because of the potential straight draws / flush draws out there. When villain 8 raises all in, I can't put him on pocket 8's or 10's with no raise pre flop with all limpers. Slight possibility of pocket 3's; but don't see the reason he ships there with 10, 8. The only thing that makes sense is a semi bluff at a big draw, and I feel I'm ahead. When villain 1 calls, I know I can still make chips even if he has 8 10, but I put him on a straight, or flush draw and he's calling because he doesn't believe villain 8 either. I Know villain 6 still has to act but since he just flat called my raise I feel if I raise villain 8's raise I can get him to fold a draw or mid pair. He does fold, and my assumptions on the other two players were correct, and the turn meant I didn't have to sweat the river.
Were the betting amounts ok?
Should I have even called the all in? - (I know winning a hand does not justify the play).
How should I have played I differently?

I have also passed the poker basic course

Last edited by CannonLee; Mon Aug 12, 2013 at 05:59 AM.. Reason: condensing thread

Old
Mon Aug 12, 2013, 06:10 AM
(#5)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

I like your thought process on how this hand played out, overall we had minimal reads on the villains and both of their lines are indicative of mediocre holdings as we have blockers to two potential sets (8's or 3's). But given the nature of this being a family pot, it's not impossible for one of the two villains to have combos of T8, 88, 33 J9 etc.. But as played I like how you bet the flop to get value from several different draws, checking and slow playing could spell disaster as just to many turn cards will hurt our course of action (likely the villain as well) so it's best to get the value now. I also like how you re-opened the action to isolate the two villains by re-raising all in, this will squeeze out the villain from early position which will greatly increase our overall hand/strength equity in the pot! Nice hand and well played!

Hope this helps.

Good luck and good decisions,
CannonLee

Old
Mon Aug 12, 2013, 06:14 AM
(#6)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Three reasons to make a big bet - Mon Aug 12, 2013, 07:17 AM
(#7)
1. To put pressure on other players
2. To bluff people off their hands
3. To gain value from very strong hands

Old
Hand K 10 - Mon Aug 12, 2013, 11:51 AM
(#8)

Old
The Hand as I saw it - Mon Aug 12, 2013, 12:17 PM
(#9)
The table seemed quite passive so I limped in with K 10, after seeing the flop (with no raises pre flop), I thought the only two hands beating me at the moment were A,10 or J,Q. I can't see any better hands not raising pre flop. I'm second last to act, and I want to bet BIG, hopefully getting rid of low heart draws and single kings or tens. I get one caller that I now have position on. With a check to me I continue strong, putting him on a flush draw / straight draw or a single Ace. He calls, we see a river that can only improve a hand that was behind mine if he's got A,9. I feel very confident in my hand and want to extract value if he's got just an Ace and wasn't on a draw. So I pull back my relative bet size from the pot, to 3/4 of the pot, but he folds, I win and I assume he may have been on a stubborn draw.
Did I bet too big?
What could I have done to improve this hand?

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 04:09 AM
(#10)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

If this table was passive after a few orbits, I'd get up and choose a different table. When deciding to play a from pretty much any position, I'd open the action for the standard sizing of 3x the big blind +1bb for each limper. It's much better to have the initiative in the pot being the raiser coupled with thinning the amount of players involved in the pot as it will greatly increase our overall hand strength/equity in the pot, ultimately making our decisions much easier post flop!

A good general rule of thumb for bet sizing is anywhere between 2/3 and 3/4 pot size, anything less than those two amounts correctly prices in mediocre or semi-strong holdings that either have thin showdown value or some equity to draw out.

Generally a limping range is perceived as a weak range of holdings, the story of the villains hand looks indicative of 2nd pair, a flush draw and quite possibly a weak range of Ax that is taking a pot control line but not willing to play for stacks.

As played post flop, you did perfect! Well done! If there was one thing that I would have done differently, I would have open the action for a raise pre-flop.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 04:12 AM
(#11)
So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
[x] COMPLETE

2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
[x] COMPLETE

3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.
[ ] INCOMPLETE
Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Cash game quizz - Tue Aug 13, 2013, 04:30 AM
(#12)
Have completed the cash game quizz

Old
Wed Aug 14, 2013, 06:22 PM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooosh View Post
Have completed the cash game quizz
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 04:16 AM
(#14)
Hi Noosh!

Good luck and good decisions with your second Bank Roll Builder bonus!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
10 vpps - Mon Aug 19, 2013, 10:48 AM
(#15)
I hit 10 Vpps!

Old
Mon Aug 19, 2013, 02:18 PM
(#16)
Hi,

Your third bonus will be automatically credited to your account when you have accrued 10VPPs. Just to make things clear, any VPPs that where earned prior to the release of your second bonus do not count, only VPPs that where accrued after receiving the second bonus count towards the third bonus.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu Aug 22, 2013, 10:35 AM
(#17)
Congratulations!

As you've earned enough VPP's we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com