Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

League Games

Old
League Games - Sun Aug 11, 2013, 04:05 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2013
Hi all,

Super newbie to the Poker School here, literally browsed for the first time today!

So - I gather I'm in a league, only I have no idea how to play a game, where to join or what league I'm in?

Looks like there are a few leagues, Premier etc, do I start in a lower league?

Thanks for your help people!

Mike

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 06:51 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Welcome to the Forum Pagey,

Everyone starts off in the Open League and they then need to qualify to get into the Premier League for the following Month.

Here's a link with a full overview about the leagues and how they work

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...l-Skill-League

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 07:20 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2012
you have to start at open skill league first, you may need a skill league calculator
download herehttp://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ulator-arrived

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 02:12 PM
(#4)
Great guys, thanks!

So how do I play an Open League game? Via the Lobby?

Thanks

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 09:46 PM
(#5)
Since: Dec 2012
lobby>freeroll>open skill league>register
the league game is played for the leaderboard mostly, you can check your leaderboard score 7 hours later after game began open skill league leaderboard check here http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/league#leaderboard

there are some open skill league basic strategies check them below
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...I-turn-it-down
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...EAGUE-Strategy

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 12, 2013, 03:38 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagey1980 View Post
So how do I play an Open League game? Via the Lobby?
Yes. Bear in mind that the OSL games fill up (max 10,000 entrants) very quickly at peak times. Registration starts 15 minutes before the tourney starts, so have the lobby open and ready in time. Good luck in the league!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 14, 2013, 01:42 AM
(#7)
Great thanks guys!

And are the league games all 10000 entrants??! Could be a long old session, are there any other games that go towards the league positions?

Old
Wed Aug 14, 2013, 03:49 AM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagey1980 View Post
Great thanks guys!

And are the league games all 10000 entrants??! Could be a long old session, are there any other games that go towards the league positions?

The Open Skill League (OSL) games have a cap of 10,000

If you look in the Tourney/Freeroll Lobby Tab, type 'Open' in the search box and uncheck the other filters you will see all the completed, running and announced games.

Just tried that and the games showing have at least 6,745 players registered.

As you are UK based the smaller fields will be the awkward times - the 10am to 10pm games for our zone usually fill up - if you can play the night/early morning (2am and 6am) games with the smaller fields I would recommend you late reg for them after 5 or 6 mins - 15% of the field will usually have bust by then and you will have an extra small advantage.

Only the Open Skill games count towards that league.

Good luck

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Wed Aug 14, 2013 at 03:52 AM..

Old
Wed Aug 14, 2013, 04:01 AM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2010
Premier League game fields are much smaller. Only 1,500 people are eligible to play each month - and they are spread around all timezones. Field size usually ranges from 200 to 550. Unlike the Open Skill League you will see the same regular players from our time zone in the evening game - 7pm - which is the bigger field.

The Qualifier League - being a cash buy-in of $1.10 has even smaller fields - roughly from 40 to 175, so they can play a bit like a multi-table sit and go rather than a large field MTT.

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Lightbulb
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 03:42 PM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2010
HI Ed & Great Post,
As all Serious "O" league players have an aversion to playing for their chips early
& risking a big loss here's what i do:
Get a copy of Free Alarm Clock 2.5.0 or newer & set alarm to 9 minutes past the hour in the 2 tourneys that never fill & 8 minutes past the hour in the 5am(ET) which fills but never b4 8 minutes after the hour. NOW, just bring up those tourneys & press register but don't hit the final box. Now go on about your life & do something else till the alarm goes off, bring up PS with the box just waiting for U to make a click & enter.

That extra 4-5- minutes will see even more gone & U have missed an entire blind level
sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinFreeMan View Post
The Open Skill League (OSL) games have a cap of 10,000

If you look in the Tourney/Freeroll Lobby Tab, type 'Open' in the search box and uncheck the other filters you will see all the completed, running and announced games.

Just tried that and the games showing have at least 6,745 players registered.

As you are UK based the smaller fields will be the awkward times - the 10am to 10pm games for our zone usually fill up - if you can play the night/early morning (2am and 6am) games with the smaller fields I would recommend you late reg for them after 5 or 6 mins - 15% of the field will usually have bust by then and you will have an extra small advantage.

Only the Open Skill games count towards that league.

Good luck

Ed

Last edited by sleepyolman; Sat Aug 17, 2013 at 03:45 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com