Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Android/ Apple tablet support

Old
Android/ Apple tablet support - Sun Aug 11, 2013, 07:31 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
I'd love to be able to watch PSO games on my tablet/ phone and I realise there is no separate app to do so but Pokerstars have their very own TV App.

Would it be possible using the Pokerstars App to play PSO content? Maybe linking the video's to the PSO therefore giving a bit of advertising to the site?

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 07:36 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
+1 Great idea by ovalman.
It's hard to watch some of the content because of the lack of time and patience we have.
But to be able to do it from the phone/tablet would be extremely +EV.

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 07:59 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi guys,

It's something that we are working on.

We have already developed a mobile version of PSO:

http://mobile.pokerschoolonline.com/

But at this stage it's an extremely 'lite' version. The plan is to add video content to this before the end of year.

It's also planned to add a forum to the mobile version but this is not as urgent at the moment and we always encourage members that want to use the forum on their mobiles to avail of the TapaTalk app which is extremely useful:

http://www.tapatalk.com/

If you are 'on the go' why not try out the 'Everything Poker' channel on PokerStars TV.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 08:27 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Glad to hear about going mobile. I think an app is preferable to a mobile site.

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 08:56 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
Glad to hear about going mobile. I think an app is preferable to a mobile site.
I would agree with you Joe, I also think an app is a great idea and have put forward this suggestion already.

At the moment though it seems that getting the mobile site up and running is where the focus is, hopefully an app will follow soon after.

I would in the meantime suggest those that haven't already to check out the PokerStars TV app, there's some good stuff on there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 09:11 AM
(#6)
Thanks for the support and feedback guys.

I checked out the mobile PSO but there's no videos on the site. Great addition though and give me something to look at late at night.

Could you raise the issue of putting some content onto the Pokerstars app Royal or any other mods that help on the site?

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 09:17 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
Could you raise the issue of putting some content onto the Pokerstars app Royal or any other mods that help on the site?
Hey Oval,

We (PokerSchoolOnline) had content on the PokerStars TV app up until recently, we even had our own channel. Unfortunately this was removed and replaced with the 'Everything Poker' channel.

I'm not sure why this happened, my only guess is that the PSO channel wasn't getting enough views to make it viable to remain there.

I will raise the question with the managers of the PokerStars TV app though to see if we could possibly get some content back on there again. If I hear anything back I'll post the updates here

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 09:34 AM
(#8)
Many thanks Rasier, I'll watch some of that channel later on tonight.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com