Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Value from flopped quads..

Old
Value from flopped quads.. - Sun Aug 11, 2013, 11:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi all found my self in a total alian position today while taking a shot at 5nl...I am pretty sure i have best hand on the flop and that it will hold.....

so limited hands with Villain 6 but so far (20 hands) played fairly LAG
Villain 8 seems fairly TAG 100+ hands.

So whats the best way to get MAX value (willing to guess its not the way I actually played it

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 01:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2012
It was discussed in the tournament section, raising flop is best decision all TT+ pairs will pay

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 06:29 PM
(#3)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Grade b,

Definitely raise the flop imo.

The preflop raiser is likely either stabbing with ace high, or has a decent pocket pair. He is never folding the pairs to a flop raise, and may peel with ace high. The caller's range is similar except that his range is probably capped to JJ mostly, so his pairs on average will be smaller than the PFR's. But it's not a board texture that players are ready to fold a boat on. And their hands are likely to get worse, not better. The big action hands (pocket pairs) might not like the turn card. If PFR has JJ and the caller has 77, then a king on the turn might freeze your action out. At least, stack action. Plus, it's a single raised pot, so we need to get some more money in the pot if we are going to win a hogger. Our best chance to bloat the pot is right now.

So in summary, raise now because:

-both their ranges are the type that can give action now
-It's more likely turn and rivers will decrease our action, not increase it
-Getting more money in right now gives us the best possible chance to get stacks in this hand.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 08:37 PM
(#4)
ty both,

I did raise the flop and both called then i bet turn and one fold one call bet the river to see TT tabled.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 10:41 PM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
So you got max value from TT, which is why you raise the flop, to win a big pot from those pairs. Not understanding the question in the OP really about how to get max value, when you did so... Hopefully it looked something like this:

Raise to .65
call .65
call .65

Pot = 2.41

Bet 2
Call 2
Fold

Pot = 6.41

Bet 3.84 and is all in
Call 3.84

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Sun Aug 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM..

Old
Mon Aug 12, 2013, 12:28 AM
(#6)
the question was with 2 villains not one do I still raise the flop!!

and sadly it was min
for a good pay day but not stacks

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 12, 2013, 01:30 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post

and sadly it was min
so did you bet 50 in to 1.96?
You can't make them pay all in with just A high but it's too small bet

Last edited by Shichi-77; Mon Aug 12, 2013 at 05:37 AM..

Old
Mon Aug 12, 2013, 10:30 AM
(#8)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post

and sadly it was min
The better focus for the question is on bet sizing... and thanks for posting as this is something we can all learn from!

Raise on the flop with this depth of money if there are anywhere between 1 and 18 villains in the hand. You can't make them all have a boat or ace high, but those that do will give some action. Actually the more villains, the better raising becomes as the more likely it is there are pocket pairs out that my original reply applies to.

When you have a hand that wants to play for stacks, think about how to structure the bet sizing to get stacks in by the river with reasonable (callable) sizings.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Mon Aug 12, 2013 at 10:40 AM..

Old
Mon Aug 12, 2013, 11:29 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shichi-77 View Post
so did you bet 50 in to 1.96?
You can't make them pay all in with just A high but it's too small bet
Sorry not great righting by me I meant 50% of pot

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 12, 2013, 12:59 PM
(#10)

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com