Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sun Aug 11, 2013, 03:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
WhiteStar
Hello to all PSO members.

I wish to participate in Bankroll Builder promotion.
Thx for the answer.

Old
Sun Aug 11, 2013, 08:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Aug 12, 2013, 01:14 AM
(#3)
Hi strelbitski,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 02:17 AM
(#4)
WhiteStar
I've watched the videos but I have no chips to play on Play Money table because I'd played that earlier and had lost all my chips
Can I play on another freeroll tables, such as PokerSchool Open League or Hubble's NL?

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 06:04 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strelbitski View Post
I've watched the videos but I have no chips to play on Play Money table because I'd played that earlier and had lost all my chips
Can I play on another freeroll tables, such as PokerSchool Open League or Hubble's NL?
No, only FUN Play Money full-ring tables.

Play Money chips are automatically reloaded to your PokerStars account every hour

Tournament hands do not count for this promotion as it's a Cash Game promotion only.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 11:36 AM
(#6)
WhiteStar
Thanks for reply! I've really got 1000 chips and could play in PLAY MONEY tournament.

So,

1. I've watched the video.
2. I played in the tournament but I think my all-in was a bit unjustified.
So, that's it.

3. I passed a quiz with an 82% Success Rate.

I think I've done with my challenge

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 11:49 AM
(#7)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 01:15 PM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi strelbitski! Congrats on passing the quiz! I'll analyse the hand in post #6.

Firstly, I notice that this is a tournament hand. The bankroll builder promotion is designed to help you learn cash games, where the blinds are fixed at one level, in preparation for you playing real money games with blinds of 1c/2c. Tournaments require a different strategy, so please stay away from tourneys for the duration of this promo. Nevertheless, I'll look at the hand.

You're sitting with a stack of 1320 and the big blind is at 50, so you're not desperate yet, as you have 26 big blinds. There is a lot of action in front of you, with a limp, a minraise and an all in shove. This is a clear fold. ATs is a nice speculative hand, but not something worth calling off 26bb with. It's losing to all pocket pairs, and is dominated by better aces (AJ, AQ, AK). You can fold and pick a better spot, because there's no need to take a gamble. You'll need to exercise some patience if you want to make money in the long run, so bear that in mind when you next sit at a table.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 02:02 PM
(#9)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 02:35 PM
(#10)
WhiteStar
ArtySmokesPS, thanks for your consult. It will be usual for me in future
Now I'll go on to complete next tasks.

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 02:27 AM
(#11)
WhiteStar
Okay, I've done with that tasks

1. I played the 1/2 cent full ring table and here is my hand replay.

I think I made a good decision because I played only against one opponent and got Three of a kind on a flop.

2. I watched the video and here is the answer.

Players may want to make big bets:
- to increase their profit in case of having very strong hands;
- to put a lot of pressure or when bluffing;
- to protect themselves against strong draws and to force opponents for fold.

3. The Cash Game Course was more sophisticated and I passed it from the fourth effort.

So, I'm waiting for the response.
Thanks.

Last edited by strelbitski; Thu Aug 15, 2013 at 03:46 AM..

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 10:18 AM
(#12)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.
He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 01:39 PM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by strelbitski View Post
Okay, I've done with that tasks

1. I played the 1/2 cent full ring table and here is my hand replay.

I think I made a good decision because I played only against one opponent and got Three of a kind on a flop.

2. I watched the video and here is the answer.

Players may want to make big bets:
- to increase their profit in case of having very strong hands;
- to put a lot of pressure or when bluffing;
- to protect themselves against strong draws and to force opponents for fold.

3. The Cash Game Course was more sophisticated and I passed it from the fourth effort.

So, I'm waiting for the response.
Thanks.
Hi strelbitski

Interesting hand! Normally if you are facing a 3-bet and you are out of position, I would recommend folding JJ. Here the situation is a bit different due to stack sizes and the action.

Had nobody 3-bet, I would recommend just calling preflop and reevaluating on the flop. Yet, the short stack all in puts a lot of extra money in the pot without creating too much risk for you. Folding is still a safe option. However, if you decide to play the hand, then I would recommend moving all in preflop. The idea is to get the original raiser to fold so that you can face the short stack heads up. Calling as you did is dangerous for the same reason. The original raiser may decide to move all in trying to get you to fold.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Fri Aug 16, 2013, 12:31 AM
(#14)
Hi strelbitski,

Fantastic!

Your next Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving this bonus and you will automatically be credited with the next bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your this bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Aug 16, 2013, 02:30 AM
(#15)
WhiteStar
Roland GTX, thx for your advice. It means I need play more agressive.

HokyPokyToo, I have a question. I have two undeclared deposits from IntelliPoker:

Are they connected with this promo? I'm a bit scared about that.

Nevertheless, I will continue the promo. Hope it will be lucky for me
Thanks to all.

Old
Fri Aug 16, 2013, 07:31 PM
(#16)
Hi strelbitski,

No worries. This is just how your first two bonuses appear in your transaction history. Just concentrate on earning 10 VPPs to release your next bonus.

Good luck at the tables!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:04 AM
(#17)
WhiteStar
HokyPokyToo, thx for your reply. I'm on the way to earn 10 VPP's Got 3 now

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 11:26 AM
(#18)
WhiteStar
It's a pity but I've lost my last money and got only 5 VPPs
Here are two replays where I lost money:

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 04:37 PM
(#19)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Aug 17, 2013, 08:11 PM
(#20)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi strelbitski! I'll look at the hands in post #18.

1. With A7o in the big blind, faced with a couple of limpers, I think checking is fine. When you make top pair on 742, betting out is fine, but it's worrying to see you get raised by the UTG player. I would actually fold right away. He can have a set or an overpair here. He might even have limped AA, hoping to make the clichéd limp-reraise play pre-flop. Since A7o has so few ways to improve and you are out of position to the raiser, it's best to get out of the way before it gets expensive. There's also a saying in poker: "Don't go broke in a limped pot". In a limped pot, you don't want to make a big pot with just one pair. As played, you re-raised, and this really makes little sense. The only hands you're beating are flush draws and total airballs. Once you've raised, however, you should continue to bet on the turn. By checking, you look weak. As villain checks behind on the turn, he probably doesn't have a set. He's likely to have a pocket pair between TT-88, or he has the flush draw. You made a stab on the river, but this bet serves no purpose. Villain will call with better hands than a pair of 7s, and fold all his bluffs. Here he looks you up with TT and drags the pot. He was well ahead on the flop, and you kept putting money in the pot when you were behind. Be more inclined to fold weak one pair hands when you get raised. Villains are seldom bluffing at these stakes.

2. You see another free flop in this one, but with an even weaker starting hand. I like having a stab on the flop, as villains will fold their random junk if they missed, and you have a gutshot to fall back on if you get called. When one villain does call, he usually has top pair or a flush draw. You get really lucky on the turn and hit your 4-outer. Betting big for value now you have the nuts is great. Villain calls, and then a bad river card comes. The completes the flush draw. Here villain leads into you with a bet of about half pot. Although you have a straight, it's basically a bluff catcher here. Villain might be going crazy with two pairs, but his most likely holding is a flush. Generally speaking, when villains lead out on the river, it's because they just made their hand. It's pointless raising here, because you're never getting called by worse. Only better hands (flushes) are calling. Once again, you're going broke in a limped pot, which is a big mistake. You made a big hand (the nut straight) but remember to consider what your opponents can have. If their action is consistent with a better hand, then they probably have it! Here, I would just call. Save your river raises for when you have the nuts.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com