Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | | - Mon Aug 12, 2013, 04:36 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
Hello
Am i able for the Bankroll builder promotion?If i am,will i be able to use "FREE20" Code at my first Deposit?Or i'll lose it cus of that promotion?

Old
Mon Aug 12, 2013, 06:11 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 07:56 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 10:18 AM
(#4)
Did i play it correct?
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

I've passed the quiz

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 10:03 PM
(#5)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

We are sitting on about a 100bb stack depth and will be at a position disadvantage post flop! We could elect
to raise 3x +1bb for each limper, but given our relative position and the playability of our hand, I'd prefer limping this hand and play fit or fold post flop (flop equity to a flush draw) rarely ever will we feel comfortable betting with this hand for value or calling bets due to having a low kicker card.

Post flop, this is a really dry board texture and we need to bet to get value from high card floats coupled with protection as most turn cards will put us in a tough decision. Nice pot!

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 10:09 PM
(#6)
Please take the Poker Basic Course | >>click here<< and pass the quiz at the end of the course. When you have done this, please let me know and your first Bank Roll Builder bonus will be awarded to you!

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Wed Aug 14, 2013, 09:15 AM
(#7)
I've passed the quiz

Old
Wed Aug 14, 2013, 10:47 AM
(#8)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Wed Aug 14, 2013, 04:26 PM
(#9)
So,
Reasons to make big bets:
1st,making a value bet with a good hand
2nd,making a bluff with a strong hand
3rd,putting pressure on opponent

I was losing and keep losing..i really played bad those 2 hours and i lost all my bankroll..
Here's the hand which i lost my last dollar..I really didnt play it well,i didn't imagine about that flush..really bad playing..but i would like your opinion.

So now i just have to pass the quiz,right?I've tried it once without studying the lessons and i failed now im gonna study hard,it seems that i dont know many things about Poker.!

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 03:29 AM
(#10)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Sitting on about a 35bb stack depth I'd fold this hand in early position, there are just to many other combos of Qx or Tx that may have this hand out kicked. Also, If I decided that my hand is playable I will enter the pot for a raise of 3x the big blind +1bb for each limper, this will help to get initiative in the pot post flop and thin the amount of players involved in the pot which will greatly increase our hand strength/equity while making our decisions much easier.

Post flop, did you have any specific reads about this villains tendencies and/or showdown ranges? We have second pair with an open ended straight draw, but there is a flush draw present..so we should discount the clubs from our outs as they will not give us a nut hand. I'd maybe call all three streets, flop turn and river as the villains bet sizing is enticing and minimal. Raising the river is only going to isolate us versus the top of their show down range which would consist of a lot of top Kx or two pair combos and quite possibly a flush..given our stack depth it's going to be hard to generate fold equity here..although we do have two thin blockers, a queen for a set and the ten for a blocker to a straight.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 03:31 AM
(#11)
Hi,

Let me know when you have passed the Cash Game Quiz and your second Bank Roll Builder will be awarded to you!

Good luck.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu Aug 15, 2013, 07:13 PM
(#12)
I've studied the course and got 82%,i've passed the quiz but i'm not happy with my results..
Anyway,What's next?

Old
Fri Aug 16, 2013, 07:17 AM
(#13)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Old
Fri Aug 16, 2013, 02:56 PM
(#14)
I got my bonus and i went for some 0.01c-0.02c NLHE,i've made around 6 dollars then it was going like losing and winning losing and winning.Then i lost some of them and went back to 1.90dollars or so,i was dissapointed and i wasnt playing correctly i was doing many faults,i wanted to quit but i couldn't.I was doing many all ins just for a double up,really bad playing..:/Anyway here's the hand which i lost the last dollar.I've made like 8vpps but now i have only 0.33$,i can't join any table..So am i eligible for the next bonus?
I don't really want an analyse of the hand,i know my fault,i just want to ask..how can i calm when im losing some good hands like KK..It makes me mad and im not thinking of playing correctly but im thinking how to get them back,i think you can understand what i mean..
Sorry for my english and thanks for your time..

Old
Sun Aug 18, 2013, 02:13 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmakos96 View Post
I don't really want an analyse of the hand,i know my fault,i just want to ask..how can i calm when im losing some good hands like KK..It makes me mad and im not thinking of playing correctly but im thinking how to get them back,i think you can understand what i mean..
Sorry for my english and thanks for your time..

Hi,

Even though premium holdings such as AA KK QQ JJ (maybe TT) do have great expectations mathematically to win, start to think of each board texture as being a 'trial'. With all of the possible different board combinations coupled with likely holdings that may have connected with the board, these premium holdings are just a pair. Taking into consideration player tendencies, stack depths, pot odds, implied odds and outs as well board texture a player may be making +EV (plus expected value) call downs to try and draw out on their hand to a holding that can beat a pair.

What you are experiencing is called "tilt" it's a slang term for not maintaining positive composure, definition is basically this "To respond badly to a bad beat or downswing by letting it have an adverse affect on your game." All poker players will experience this, it's absolutely normal!

One thing that I would recommend, take a short few minute break and sit out on your table but don't leave.. this is purely to recuperate if you experience a beat to where you will feel upset or self entitlement to chase a loss versus a villain that may have been deemed as lucky or other words that could profile them as incompetent.

After taking that break and you feel better, before resuming your session look back on the hand replayer and see if there was a spot in the hand that could have been played differently and ask your self these questions:

1.) "could of I found a fold and would it have any merit in this situation versus their tendencies"

2.) "did I make the proper bet sizing to price out marginal holdings"

3.) "was I ever ahead at any point during the hand post flop"

If you played the hand correctly and made all the right decisions that is what should matter the most! The objective of poker is to induce opponents to make mistakes, that is how most of the profit we make at the tables is won!

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Last edited by CannonLee; Sun Aug 18, 2013 at 02:19 PM..

Old
Sun Aug 18, 2013, 02:18 PM
(#16)
Fantastic!

Your third Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 3rd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target

2) If you lose your 3rd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.

3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Old
Sun Aug 18, 2013, 03:48 PM
(#17)
I've made a deposit,so now i guess i'll get my next bonus?

Old
Sun Aug 18, 2013, 07:09 PM
(#18)
Congratulations!

As you've made a deposit we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com