Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Zoom 0,01/0,02 NLHE TsKs, ¿bad move?

Old
Zoom 0,01/0,02 NLHE TsKs, bad move - Mon Aug 12, 2013, 06:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
I need some help here. I think it was a horrible move.. Thanks!

There are two others hands with the same problem.. In the other hands i think i made good moves but unlucky to.
Note*: Thoose 2 hand wasn´t in zoom. Were in nlhe 0,01/0,02 9 players max
Here is the first:

And the second:

Last edited by arihmann; Mon Aug 12, 2013 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: Wrong title

Old
Mon Aug 12, 2013, 06:55 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
I believe it was a bad move.
The only thing you beat is a flush draw, but he can have a set, an overpair, a made straight or a straight-flush draw.
You aren't in a good shape versus those hands so either just call flop and reevaluate turn, or fold to his shove.

Old
Mon Aug 12, 2013, 07:35 PM
(#3)
Yes.. I think you are right.. I was facing a flop with a lot draws, but by the situation i thought he was holding some as A-9... my reaction was instinctively raise..I moved very bad.. I think as you say i should just called. Raise to protect my hand would be fine, but i was out of position ... so when he bet i should just called. And in the turn i would fold having few outs to make my hand against a flush or a set.

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 03:59 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi arihmann,

I think the rules of the forum allow you to post 1 Hand per thread, but it's okay for this time I'll answer them for you. Just a heads up for next time

Hand#1
Calling with KTs OTB vs MP is not too terrible (I'm not excited about - but still callable); sometimes I elect to 3bet it IP instead. So we flop TPGK on a wet flop but I'm not sure what raising here achieves. Do we get value from worse? (most worse holdings that will continue are draws - and even draws are not that worse) Do we fold better? I think I'd call one here and see a safe turn card and reevaluate our opponents action

Hand#2
Limping is generally a bad play; it will not show profit so here Id fold preflop or raise to steal the blinds

Hand#3
Here's a general rule to consider: Your calling range should be stronger than your raising range.
If you would generally raise Q9s to steal the blinds then it does not justify calling a raise. This comes into your preflop game and I think Q9s here would be an easy fold for me preflop.

GL at the tables!

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 10:37 PM
(#5)
Thanks GeoVarta. I will take a look at the rules of the forum.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com