Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

AQo on a BB

Old
AQo on a BB - Tue Aug 13, 2013, 08:02 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
Hello,
Was this right play? V is unknown . It seems good pot odds but I'm OOP and it will hard to get value if I hit TP and I might loose easily after such action .
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Last edited by Shichi-77; Tue Aug 13, 2013 at 08:05 AM..

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 11:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Shichi,

Initially either flatting or 3-betting can be valid options here. With some info about villain's opening frequencies from the cut off and how they respond to 3b's, one or the other could become the clear best play, but with no reads I think it's fine to go with whatever your normal style is in this spot. Sizing on the 3b is a bit big, which may tighten his continuing range, so when we get continued action we have to be cautious imo.

Villain 4-bets us and uses a very nice sizing to induce calling and 5-betting mistakes. Now would be a good time to fold imo. Even readless, this sizing indicates to me a likely very strong hand, all of which is crushing AQ and our hand plays really poorly OOP, without initiative, and vs a strong range that dominates us.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 12:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Villain dependent but my default would be to fold.

There are some villains however that I would 5b shove this on due to history.

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 05:27 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
Villain dependent but my default would be to fold.

There are some villains however that I would 5b shove this on due to history.
I didn't met villains at this limit against whom shoving AQ would be profitable,even with QQ there's a lot of questions .

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com