Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10-25c nlhe v Lag who had $50+ at the start.

Old
10-25c nlhe v Lag who had $50+ at the start. - Tue Aug 13, 2013, 01:36 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Thank you for your previous analysis, I sat down with a $10 buyin.

Taking it to $45 , before I through it away. I then put another $10 on the table, took that to $40 then chucked that away lol.

Was great fun.

This hand , I was wondering against a LAG, whom I ripped apart in a chip sense, should I have raised the river when I was 100% confident I had him beat?

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=3DFAB8F523

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 02:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
You sat down with $10 at a 25NL table?...lol

How fast one forgets
You should be sitting with $25
You should have a $1,000 bankroll
You lost it all and re-bought for $10

WOW....

I wonder if you will remember the answer to this question. I doubt it since you will do what ever pleases you next time the same situation arises.

But I'll answer your question anyway. Personally NO

GL

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 02:36 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
You sat down with $10 at a 25NL table?...lol

How fast one forgets
You should be sitting with $25
You should have a $1,000 bankroll
You lost it all and re-bought for $10

WOW....

I wonder if you will remember the answer to this question. I doubt it since you will do what ever pleases you next time the same situation arises.

But I'll answer your question anyway. Personally NO

GL
lol Sand, and I do know what I should of have had BR wise E.T.C, but it was just for fun, if i was to play a pro type way it would be with BRM every time, but I am not a pro so do not have a need to lol.

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 05:36 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
Thank you for your previous analysis, I sat down with a $10 buyin.

Taking it to $45 , before I through it away. I then put another $10 on the table, took that to $40 then chucked that away lol.

Was great fun.

This hand , I was wondering against a LAG, whom I ripped apart in a chip sense, should I have raised the river when I was 100% confident I had him beat?

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=3DFAB8F523
You might raise there .I don't think he would call your raise with A7, but you had to fold against re-raise on the board like this,possiblle trips, full houses, flushes lol. How could you be sure he doesn't have A4 instead of A7, it's fast impossible.Actualy I never raise there. LAG's get monsters also .

Last edited by Shichi-77; Tue Aug 13, 2013 at 05:41 PM..

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 05:55 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi holdemaces,

I think I would flat call his open. If I were to 3bet for value, I would do it to a standard 3x. The problem with 3betting is that we have a hard decision to make if they 4bet us.
What's your reason for checking back the flop? If you suspect that A high is good then why raise the turn?
OTR, I'm just calling there. They bet the turn and called a raise and now firing again on an Ace

Old
Wed Aug 14, 2013, 01:26 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2012
Only part played ok was the river where I would be calling too.

Min raising pre and on the turn is, well, horrible horrible play and just looked a little like lazy button mashing.

Old
Wed Aug 14, 2013, 11:48 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoVARTA View Post
Hi holdemaces,

I think I would flat call his open. If I were to 3bet for value, I would do it to a standard 3x. The problem with 3betting is that we have a hard decision to make if they 4bet us.
What's your reason for checking back the flop? If you suspect that A high is good then why raise the turn?
OTR, I'm just calling there. They bet the turn and called a raise and now firing again on an Ace
Thank you all for the comments.

If I had raised any higher pre flop the opp would of folded to his/her nature. The opp checks the flop, I knew he/she had missed to their nature and style of play.

I was happy to check behind with no made hand at that time.

The turn came the 4, I knew he/she did not have the 4 or else they would bet the flop to their nature.

The bet of $1 I had seen several times, this was a see where He/she was at bet, sniffing for info.

I min raise to keep the pot alive taking a gamble they did not hit on the river, was never concerned of a flush draw.

The river an ace, I knew as soon as the opp bets out $4, he had caught the river ace, but I also knew I had him/her out kicked.

The hand they showed down with was the range I put them on .

I nearly always know what they have got by observation of all players, reactions and small tells .

I thank you and reading what you have all put, calling was probably the best option just in case I did misread the situation.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com