Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL5FR AA v MP

Old
NL5FR AA v MP - Tue Aug 13, 2013, 02:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
hi

a bit curious villain seemd a bit fishy here, but was new table so not def sure.

anyway should i be scared of set on this board. prolly villin had overpair in which case bet smaller on river?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...675_92DBC45F36

Last edited by UrGetinTaxed; Tue Aug 13, 2013 at 02:29 PM..

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 03:49 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
A set would at least raise turn, so it would be strange for him to have it.
But I think you should check river and let him either value bet or bluff.
Betting smaller on the river is also an option.

Old
Tue Aug 13, 2013, 07:53 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi UrGetinTaxed!

I think you played this fine. My default line with a big overpair out of position as the pre-flop raiser is to keep betting for value and only consider folding if you get raised. If villain has a set, he might slowplay the flop, but I think he usually raises the turn. Since he just calls the turn, I think his range is mostly one pair hands (overpairs like 88) but he might occasionally have a diamond draw. Since the flush draw missed, villain won't be calling any bet on the river with XXdd, but he should be pot-committed with something like 99 or 88. Targeting those hands, I'd sometimes go for a smaller river bet in order to be more sure of getting looked up, but given the stack sizes here, I think you should put villain all in. He could have a hand as strong as JJ, and I think he'd call off the rest of his stack with that.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Aug 14, 2013, 01:23 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2010
thanks guys.!

AA is usually a vampire hand for me...it suks

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com